The Greatest Anime Music Theme Ever Tournament (2015)

Started by gunswordfist, April 09, 2015, 04:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

LumRanmaYasha

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

gunswordfist

Find out why, on the next episode of DRAGON BALL Z!!

LumRanmaYasha

I can't fathom how anyone with good taste could put the Ginyu Force theme last in this match, myself.  ::)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Ginyu Force is a good joke theme. :humhumhum:

I say this as someone who legit loves the DBK soundtrack, plagiarism and all, BTW. :sly:

VLordGTZ

gunswordfist

In comes CX's alt account. :)

Loneliness
Chargin
Naked Fang
Ginyu

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on April 13, 2015, 11:10:25 PM

I say this as someone who legit loves the DBK soundtrack, plagiarism and all, BTW. :sly:

So basically your saying that you think that because you like the DBKai soundtrack as a whole you can justify your personal dislike if the Ginyu Force theme. Really, all that proves is that your taste in anime music is limited and you just don't appreciate a good character song when you hear one.   ::)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I never said that I didn't like it. I just called it a joke theme, which it is. Goku, Freeza, and Trunks all have way better character themes, IMO.

Also, if anyone has limited taste in music, it's the guy who always votes UY, IY, and Ranma themes first no matter what JUST because he's a Takahashi fanatic.

I mean, I'm a Togashi nut-head, and even I don't always vote those themes first if I find ones that I like better in the same match. It's called ruling out bias. ;)

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 13, 2015, 11:27:07 PM
Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on April 13, 2015, 11:10:25 PM

So basically your saying that you think that because you like the DBKai soundtrack as a whole you can justify your personal dislike if the Ginyu Force theme. Really, all that proves is that your taste in anime music is limited and you just don't appreciate a good character song when you hear one.   ::)
Did you two switch accounts for these posts?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Round 1,Match#18

#1:    DBZ Kai - Ginyu Force Theme -   1, 4, 3, 1 =9
#2:    Chagrin (Haikyuu)-                      4, 1, 4, 3=12
#3:    Loneliness (Outlaw Star) -         2, 3, 2, 4=11
#4:    Naked Fang (Hajime no Ippo) - 3, 2, 1, 2=8

Haikyuu and Outlaw Star advance to Round 2!!

Round 1
Match#19

#1:    Music Tour Theme #1 (Urusei Yatsura) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA7XMPXu2Eg
#2:    Song of Jigglypuff (Pokemon) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU3JU8kRsI8
#3:    Samurai Champloo - Sneak Chamber- Tsutchiehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtZUNnH6HN8
#4:    DBZ Resurrection F - FREEZA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOy0J-gO0Ic

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on April 13, 2015, 11:31:23 PM
Also, if anyone has limited taste in music, it's the guy who always votes UY, IY, and Ranma themes first no matter what JUST because he's a Takahashi fanatic.

I mean, I'm a Togashi nut-head, and even I don't always vote those themes first if I find ones that I like better in the same match. It's called ruling out bias. ;)

Key phrase there is "like better." I always vote based on how much I like the themes relative to one another. There will inevitably come matches where I will like themes more than one from one of those series. Such matches haven't come yet. Until then, I fail to see how that's any different than you always voting RK and Haikyuu themes first thus far, or otherwise themes from your favorite series over those from ones that are not.  :humhumhum: