The Greatest Anime Music Theme Ever Tournament (2015)

Started by gunswordfist, April 09, 2015, 04:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Oh, I thought you just voted UY first within seconds because you are just such a Takahashi fanboy.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

God damn GSF. I like that this competition moves fast, but maybe we're going a little too fast.  :sweat:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

FREEZA FREEZA FREEZA FREEZA FREEZA FREEZA FREEZA FREEZA FREEZA FREEZA FREEZA FREEZA FREEZA FREEZA
Music Tour
Mugen and the Chamber of Sneakers
ZZZZZZZZZZZ........

LumRanmaYasha

There is no way you listened to all those themes. At least I always listen to each of them beginning to end before I vote.  :thinkin:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 13, 2015, 11:45:24 PM
Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on April 13, 2015, 11:31:23 PM
Also, if anyone has limited taste in music, it's the guy who always votes UY, IY, and Ranma themes first no matter what JUST because he's a Takahashi fanatic.

I mean, I'm a Togashi nut-head, and even I don't always vote those themes first if I find ones that I like better in the same match. It's called ruling out bias. ;)

Key phrase there is "like better." I always vote based on how much I like the themes relative to one another. There will inevitably come matches where I will like themes more than one from one of those series. Such matches haven't come yet. Until then, I fail to see how that's any different than you always voting RK and Haikyuu themes first thus far, or otherwise themes from your favorite series over those from ones that are not.  :humhumhum:

The point being that NEITHER of those are among ny favorite anime. I base my opinions strictly on how effective the themes are to me. Not sure how you missed that point....

And as for voting themes from my favorite series first....did I not just bring up how I have voted over several YYH and HXH themes thus far?

gunswordfist

Sorry, CX. :-[ I move the tournament fast whenever a lot of you post at the same time. I probably should have waited for Spark to vote after he posted but I didn't feel like it. :devil:
Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on April 13, 2015, 11:51:13 PM
Also, if anyone has limited taste in music, it's the guy who always votes UY, IY, and Ranma themes first no matter what JUST because he's a Takahashi fanatic.

I mean, I'm a Togashi nut-head, and even I don't always vote those themes first if I find ones that I like better in the same match. It's called ruling out bias. ;)

Key phrase there is "like better." I always vote based on how much I like the themes relative to one another. There will inevitably come matches where I will like themes more than one from one of those series. Such matches haven't come yet. Until then, I fail to see how that's any different than you always voting RK and Haikyuu themes first thus far, or otherwise themes from your favorite series over those from ones that are not.  :humhumhum:

The point being that NEITHER of those are among ny favorite anime. I base my opinions strictly on how effective the themes are to me. Not sure how you missed that point....

And as for voting themes from my favorite series first....did I not just bring up how I have voted over several YYH and HXH themes thus far?
You'll pay for what you did to the Meruem theme, btw. :)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 13, 2015, 11:49:37 PM
There is no way you listened to all those themes. At least I always listen to each of them beginning to end before I vote.  :thinkin:

That's because the only one that I hadn't already heard from this list is World Tour, which I did listen to for this match, jack-ass. :bleh:

gunswordfist

I relisten to favorites for each match, just like how I am relistening to Sneak Chamber after having listened to the first two, so CX has a point. :bleh:

Spark Of Spirit

World Tour
Sneak Chamber
Song of Jigglypuff
FREEZA

A round of hilarious and/or funky themes.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 13, 2015, 11:55:31 PM
I relisten to favorites for each match, just like how I am relistening to Sneak Chamber after having listened to the first two, so CX has a point. :bleh:

My memory isn't as shit as yours, AND I have limited data and no Internet via Wi-Fi, so I have a legit reason not to waste what limited access I get from my plan, ass-hat. :bleh:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on April 14, 2015, 12:00:38 AM
Quote from: gunswordfist on April 13, 2015, 11:55:31 PM

My memory isn't as shit as yours, AND I have limited data and no Internet via Wi-Fi, so I have a legit reason not to waste what limited access I get from my plan, ass-hat. :bleh:
[insert poor jokes here]

gunswordfist

After VLord, CX and Foggle vote, I'll start the next match. This is so much fun, guys!

GET THE FUCK IN HERE AND VOTE, NOW!!!!

VLordGTZ

FREEZA
Music Tour
Sneak Chamber
Song of Jigglypuff

gunswordfist

Seriously -

Sneak Chamber
FRAHDAFRAHDAFRAHDAFA!!
Jjjjjjiiiiggglly Path!
Your tour has been canceled.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on April 13, 2015, 11:51:13 PM

I didn't miss your point. Those themes are effective for you because you enjoyed them in the context of their usage in those series and they resonate with you. I basically said that's how I vote too. You seemed to have missed my point.  :il_hahaha:

And come on, they might not be your favorite anime, but you love RK in general (and you've made plenty of posts defending the anime's version of the Kyoto arc), and you nominated all the Haikyuu themes. You have plenty of bias there. Just because you haven't been voting YYH and HXH themes first all the time doesn't make you any less biased with certain series and in certain matches than you've said of me. But I know you are voting based on how effective the themes are for you, and that's why those themes have tended to rank first in your votes so far. I'm saying the same is true for me, and your claim that I've voted Takahashi series themes first solely because they are from Takahashi series is a false and hypocritical assumption.  ::)