E3 2015

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 18, 2015, 11:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Devil's Third is out in Japan in August.

So I guess we're looking for a release around then here as well. Games with online multiplayer tend to have release dates close to each other. But there's always this E3 for more info.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Releasing this game so soon with virtually no promotion is  a pretty good indicator that it'll bomb hard in terms of sales. I feel bad considering how much effort VGS clearly put into this despite being screwed over by bad luck every step of the way.

That said, I hope that they release it a few months later in the West and give it at least a little bit of promotion.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, it is a whole two months away. But it isn't like this was ever going to be a high seller in Japan in the first place.

I'm thinking it will get a big push at E3, though. No reason not to.

Some new screens are out:

Foggle

I hope they promote it too. The multiplayer will die even faster than Anarchy Reigns if they don't.

The game is looking much better now IMO. Will pre-order. :)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, you can tell that they touched it up a lot since last year's showing, which was full of obvious bugs and glitches.

Also, the first-person aiming seems to make a lot more sense now since in this showing you could see how it makes opponents easier to target in this game. That said, I still wish that they'd give you the option to toggle between first person and third person aiming (something that GOW does for certain guns). Also, I notice that Itagaki has taken some notes from Vanquish. :happytime:

One thing that'll definitely hurt the game is its tounge-in-cheek attitude. I love the tone and how it clearly doesn't take itself very seriously, but this will also turn off the hardcore M-rated shooter crowd who simply don't get the appeal of a hyper-violent game that also doesn't pretentiously try to emulate blockbuster action movies while simultaneously trying to pretend that they have Oscar-worthy dialogue.

Clearly the game is just meant to be fun for the sake of fun.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

On a related note, since a lot of journalists jumped to the conclusion that VGS was leaving console games behind for mobile games, perhaps they could explain why VGS is currently recruiting new employees with experience in developing "cutting-edge" games, when they would rather be scaling down if they were exclusively developing for mobile platforms, if anything.

http://www.valhallagamestudios.com/en/recruit/

Foggle

Ratchet & fucking Clank fucking PS4 trailer!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU3sU2WMcPM

Graphics better than the movie. Third-person ship battles. Hoverboard races. The fucking Bouncer (yes I will be pre-ordering). Side-scrolling sections?

BUT WAIT THERE'S ALSO GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5KCB99ZLhY

60fps. A gun that turns enemies into 8-bit graphics. A halfway point between the PS2 and PS3 soundtracks. Excellently redesigned levels and enemies. Plenty of platforming. The original bolt sound.

I'm so happy I'm crying. :el_cry:

Spark Of Spirit

QuoteRatchet & Clank - The Game, Based on the Movie, Based on the Game Trailer
Amazing.

If I'm not mistaken I saw segments right out of Up Your Arsenal and I think some Thugs 4 Less guys. Add in a gloss that looks like ACiT and you have what looks like the PS4's best game right here. Not to mention the Groovitron and Mr. Zurkon from the Future series.

This is gonna be awesome.

QuotePreorder to receive the exclusive Bouncer weapon
Wait, what? That was a weapon in the original games. Does this mean the weapon is no longer in the game proper?

Foggle

Yeah, I don't like that there's a pre-order bonus. But better a single weapon than a whole level or something. Shame it had to be one as amazing as the Bouncer, though.

Also, the game is coming out for $40. That's not because it's a shorter game (this is supposedly the longest R&C yet), but because Sony is really going after the family market. Or maybe they expect us to spend the other $20 on a film ticket. Hooray for saving money!

Spark Of Spirit

The Bouncer was one of my favorite weapons. Shame.

Quote from: Foggle on June 10, 2015, 12:41:11 PMAlso, the game is coming out for $40. That's not because it's a shorter game (this is supposedly the longest R&C yet), but because Sony is really going after the family market. Or maybe they expect us to spend the other $20 on a film ticket. Hooray for saving money!
So, like Sly 4, then. No problem here. I'll have to sneak the game in on my dad's PS4 is all.

UK version of Devil's Third announced:

Quote10th June 2015 – Conceived by legendary designer Tomonobu Itagaki, a wild, larger-than-life military thriller, Devil's Third, is set to release for Wii U on 28th August, delivering intense single-player and multiplayer third-person action that blends modern military weaponry with brutal melee combat.
Which combined with the Japanese release probably means we're getting it in August, too.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2015, 12:43:07 PM
The Bouncer was one of my favorite weapons. Shame.
Yeah, it's top 5 of all time material. Oh well. :(

QuoteSo, like Sly 4, then. No problem here. I'll have to sneak the game in on my dad's PS4 is all.
I guess Sony just likes releasing their mascot games for $40 now. Thieves In Time is suitably lengthy and probably the series' best, so that sets a good precedent for R&C!

QuoteWhich combined with the Japanese release probably means we're getting it in August, too.
Or, knowing NoA, February. :'(

Spark Of Spirit

Spark Of Spirit

So, I originally thought DKR2 was a long shot.

Then I read this.

Needless to say, I now hope against hope for it to be at E3 this year.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2015, 01:16:08 PM
Awesome sig.
:)

QuoteBy the way: Odd Diddy Kong trademark shows up. DKR2? If only.
OMG what if that's what Retro is working on? That would be so wonderful! :swoon: