E3 2015

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 18, 2015, 11:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

That Smash deal sounds so awesome, though. It's like when I got Borderlands 2, the season pass, and the rest of the DLC for less than the retail price of the game... before it even came out. :D

Speaking of R&C, apparently Insomniac has also announced a supernatural horror adventure game! Unfortunately, it's exclusive to the Oculus Rift. Let's hope it gets ported to something else someday. :-X

Spark Of Spirit

Boy, they really are releasing for everything.

Just want that Insomniac X Nintendo game now . . .
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Part of me hopes America will finally get a Yoshi's Woolie World/Yoshi yarn Amiibo combo pack announced like Europe has. The other part of me cynically thinks that if they did, the scalpers would scoop them all up.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2015, 11:49:25 PM
Boy, they really are releasing for everything.

Just want that Insomniac X Nintendo game now . . .
Xbox One, PS4, PC, Mobile, VR... I'll cry forever if they don't do a Wii U game. Or at least one for 3DS.

Quote from: Nel_Annette on June 11, 2015, 11:53:23 PM
Part of me hopes America will finally get a Yoshi's Woolie World/Yoshi yarn Amiibo combo pack announced like Europe has. The other part of me cynically thinks that if they did, the scalpers would scoop them all up.
:'( The game looks really good, but that Amiibo is so cute that I'd buy a copy just to have one.

Spark Of Spirit

I think that combo pack will come. If anything, I'm expecting it to be announced at E3 with the official release date.

That game looks so good, too. And apparently according to those who have played it, it lives up to the hype. Finally, a Yoshi game worth my time. It's been a while.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

With the number on conferences this year and the amount of rumored releases, it looks like this gen is finally going to gain some traction.

I'm also really liking how many games are being announced up front, my friend made a point that they might be getting these titles out of the way to make room for gameplay demos as the major focus for the show this year. That's certainly one way to win over potential audiences.

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

One of the best stages in the original game made better. Wow.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Foggle on June 12, 2015, 02:49:00 PM
Hold me.

Wow, from the newest Ratchet and Clank, huh? What's the plot for that one?

Spark Of Spirit

Remake of the first game.

Foggle

It's a sort-of remake of the first one! The plot is roughly the same, but Ratchet seems to be nicer and has more heroic aspirations, Qwark is not evil and is instead blinded by jealousy, and pre-robot Nefarious is rumored to be the secondary villain. It's framed by Captain Qwark's unreliable narration, meaning it probably neither counts as a reboot of the franchise nor a replacement for the original game - basically, this is the legend everyone believes in-universe, while R&C1 is what actually happened.

Spark Of Spirit

If it was canon then GC's story would probably not make any sense since Qwark is a pretty vindictive guy in that one. Unless Qwark colorfully retold that one-- then it might be the best story in the series (after ACiT, anyway) considering all the turns he would have to explain away.

Foggle

Going Commando always felt really neglected to me until ITN brought back Thugs 4 Less. The events and characters were never mentioned again outside of UYA's opening cutscene and one radio message in ACIT, with TOD even claiming that Ratchet had never met another Lombax before! But I think it's pretty clear that canon has never really meant much to Insomniac, and they just want to make the most fun games possible. I'm totally okay with that.

I doubt they'll remake any more R&Cs, but if they ever do another short game, I'd love it if they used GC as a basis.

Also, I hope they announce a Future Saga Remaster at E3. Normally I'm not too keen on that kind of thing, but it would give them an excuse to fix the numerous bugs in TOD and the framerate in ITN, which would make it a worthy investment in my eyes. This would also help tide the five kids who own a PS4 over until the new one releases. :D Plus, Crack In Time really deserves a second chance at success.

Spark Of Spirit

It might depend on the movie. If it's a hit, I think a GC remake is a sure thing and at this rate it's looking like it will be. This game is getting crazy attention. GC has extremely good level design, too. A remake that adds onto that would be so good.

A Future "Collector's Edition" for the PS4 would be stellar. Especially if they added a way to play through all four in order on one save like the MMZ Collection did. Now that would be an achievement. I also agree with fixing the bugs in ToD and the framerate in ITN, but after ACiT I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they would make it worth playing all over again.

Now imagine if Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch put this much effort into a J&D and Sly 1 remake. At this point, I'm pretty certain they would be inferior to the originals.