E3 2015

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 18, 2015, 11:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

I would love an excellent GC remake, but I feel like a movie sequel would probably be either UYA or TOD, unfortunately. Though if they make another tie-in game, I suppose they could still do GC and say it's a prequel to the film or something! :D

It really would be something to see all four installments (or at least the trilogy) presented as one continuous game. I want to play that now. I just hope they either do it in-house or get a good studio (i.e. not High Voltage) to make the port.

Naughty Dog has said they still love J&D and Crash, but admitted that they cancelled Jak 4 while it was in development because "it didn't feel like Jak & Daxter." Better they do that than make Uncharted with a J&D skin, I suppose. Meanwhile, I think Sucker Punch just straight up doesn't care about Sly anymore.

Spark Of Spirit

It's possible they could revamp GC's story to include more later series elements and making the story tie in more to the other games. Also, it would give them a chance to explain the whole Angela thing.

Sucker Punch has been on Infamous for so long now that I'm not sure if they remember how to make anything else.

Oh, by the way. Is there any chance Remedy is going to be announcing anything this year? It's been a while.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Remedy's still making Quantum Break, which I'm pretty sure will be at E3! A good reason to watch the Microsoft conference, I guess. :)

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 12, 2015, 11:41:02 PM
It's a sort-of remake of the first one! The plot is roughly the same, but Ratchet seems to be nicer and has more heroic aspirations, Qwark is not evil and is instead blinded by jealousy, and pre-robot Nefarious is rumored to be the secondary villain. It's framed by Captain Qwark's unreliable narration, meaning it probably neither counts as a reboot of the franchise nor a replacement for the original game - basically, this is the legend everyone believes in-universe, while R&C1 is what actually happened.
:o That's ingenious.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Yeah, it's a really smart way to do a highly altered remake without rendering the original work (or the new version) non-canon.

Also, I checked it out, and apparently Quantum Break will not be appearing at E3 this year. :(

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm not too keen on the whole gimmick of that game being connected to a live-action show. I don't fully understand the details, but I hope that it's a single-player which can stand on its own as a traditional game. If that's the case, then I have full faith in Remedy to deliver. Both Max Payne games are masterpieces, and I don't care what anyone else says, long wait or not, Alan Wake was excellent.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 13, 2015, 09:18:25 AM
Yeah, it's a really smart way to do a highly altered remake without rendering the original work (or the new version) non-canon.

Also, I checked it out, and apparently Quantum Break will not be appearing at E3 this year. :(
Yeah, I heard that and Scalebound won't be at E3. :-\

Foggle

Nel_Annette

Earthbound Beginnings (Mother 1)... want.
Smash Bros. DLC coming out hours ago... want.
Animal Crossing Amiibo... Mario 30th Anniversary Amiibo... all cool, but I still refuse to touch the things because I hate how Nintendo has handled it.
Dishonored 2... want.

Uggh, can't even buy the Nintendo stuff because I have that damn PS4/Arkham bundle on preorder and I need to keep the money in my bank account for it.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Nel_Annette on June 14, 2015, 11:07:24 PM
Smash Bros. DLC coming out hours ago... want.
Animal Crossing Amiibo... Mario 30th Anniversary Amiibo... all cool, but I still refuse to touch the things because I hate how Nintendo has handled it.
Dishonored 2... want.

Uggh, can't even buy the Nintendo stuff because I have that damn PS4/Arkham bundle on preorder and I need to keep the money in my bank account for it.
:SHOCK: :o WHAT?! I haven't owned a Nintendo product in 15 years. Might be time to change that.

Nel_Annette

They showed the trailer and released it right after. Surprise of the day. I might not play it, but I'd still like to show support for the series.

gunswordfist

I'd be down for paying Itoi without even playing it.

Foggle

Quote from: Nel_Annette on June 14, 2015, 11:07:24 PM
Dishonored 2... want.
Yeah baby. Those and Super Mario Maker. Inject them directly into my bloodstream.

Foggle

Xbone just announced full backwards compatibility. It will soon be able to play every single Xbox 360 game, both retail and download.

That's good shit.

Foggle

Rareware just announced a cooperative pirate game with cartoon graphics. It looks fucking amazing. There's also a compilation coming of every single game they've ever made that isn't owned by Nintendo, including the original version of Bad Fur Day.

Also, Cuphead looks like the best thing since sliced bread.

Microsoft is killing it this year.