E3 2015

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 18, 2015, 11:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

How can anyone hate on Star Fox Zero? That game is going to be the bee's knees.

Hopefully I can at least play through Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story before Paper Jam drops. Might replay Thousand Year Door and finally finish Super Mario RPG, as well.

gunswordfist

I've heard before that they could have shown Zelda Wii U but didn't. Yeah, there's no sense there. Such a beautiful looking good.

Quote from: Foggle on June 18, 2015, 02:44:14 PM
I mean, really, not much can compare to such heavy hitters as an FF7 remake, Shenmue 3, The Last Guardian, the return of Rareware, Kingdom Hearts 3, Fallout 4, Doom 4, or even Nier 2. If Nintendo had heard rumblings of such announcements prior to E3, they may have decided to refocus their efforts and save the bigger Wii U games for later on to keep them from being overshadowed by everything else. And hell, they still showed a Platinum-developed Star Fox game and a new Mario RPG, along with the hilarious puppets and Yarn Yoshi lady's immense pathos. This wasn't even a drop in the bucket compared to Sony's 2006, Microsoft's 2013, or their very own 2008 conference.
That's true. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if that was Nintendo's strategy. And yes, I've definitely seen worse. Nintendo E3 was about as good as EA's this year, if not better.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It was a pretty mediocre E3 for Nintendo, all things considered. There are definitely some great games coming out for the system this year, but the problem is that we already knew about almost all of them. That doesn't make it a bad E3 showing, though. It's just not something as memorable as what they've brought to the table in previous years.

One thing that kind of worries me, though, is how NoA has not acknowledged Devil's Third in any way, shape or form. Many people have pointed out how North America still doesn't have an official release date for the game, and that Nintendo didn't even bother to show any of the game at the Treehouse event or even release any footage of it online. A lot of people are speculating (and unfortunately, this may be very likely) that NoA doesn't plan to release the game here at all because it will most surely bomb in terms of sales and thus may not even be worth the localization costs for them. I can understand and respect that from a business point of view, but I still really do want to try this game no matter what reviews or sales-figures might say about it. One thing that I've learned from Itagaki is that, even when things are working against him (like what happened with NG2 and DOA4) he can still produce a good and really fun game if you can look past its flaws, and I at least expect that much about of this game, even though it had a very butchered few years of production due to a series of really bad luck incidents for VGS. I really hope that this game does eventually get released here, though, and that VGS gets another chance to make a proper console game again, this time under Nintendo as a publisher, so that they don't have to worry about the company that's funding them going out of business midway through development.

But man, it still sucks that this game has been given absolutely zero E3 exposure. Not even a new gameplay trailer. That's just sad.

Foggle

Devil's Third is giving me terrible Anarchy Reigns flashbacks. I'm sure Nintendo will release it in the US - I mean, they're finally bringing the neglected Fatal Frame franchise here with FF5 - but without advertising, and especially if it's released after the JP/EU versions, the multiplayer community will be all but completely nonexistent within a few weeks. :(

Spark Of Spirit

Look how we had to find out about Fatal Frame's release date. That and Devil's Third could have easily been in the presentation and weren't. Again, they simply didn't try very hard this E3.

As for Devil's Third, Itagaki is apparently at E3 and hasn't responded to anyone asking about it on Facebook, so I don't know what's going on there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Spoke too soon about Fatal Frame, It will be on the Treehouse stream today. I'm hoping for the same for Devil's Third.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Unfortunately, Devil's Third wasn't at the Treehouse. Not sure what's holding it up.

Nel_Annette

...I spent the past few days refreshing the Yoshi's Wooly World page on Amazon to see if a bundle would be offered. And it was while I was at work. And it's sold out. FFfffffffff--

Spark Of Spirit

I'm so, so sorry. Here's hoping for a restock soon!

Quote from: Rynnec on June 18, 2015, 06:55:33 PM
Unfortunately, Devil's Third wasn't at the Treehouse. Not sure what's holding it up.
I just don't get it. Hopefully they'll be some sort of focus between now and August because there was no excuse to not show it at all.

Foggle

Quote from: Nel_Annette on June 18, 2015, 06:56:01 PM
...I spent the past few days refreshing the Yoshi's Wooly World page on Amazon to see if a bundle would be offered. And it was while I was at work. And it's sold out. FFfffffffff--
WAIT IT WENT UP WHAT

NOOOOOOOOO

Nel_Annette

I got lucky with that Batman PS4. Hopefully this one will work out too. I mean, the bundle option is there now. It wasn't this morning. Uggghh, why'd I have to work today of all days?!

talonmalon333

Even though Nintendo's E3 was mediocre, I have to admit that I find myself having trouble being annoyed about it. Like, I'm not bothered at all. I just trust them.

gunswordfist

Probably because they were actually announcing games before E3.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I'm actually rewatching the NWC finals. That was probably one of the pre-E3 highlights for me.

I really hope they hold them next year, too.

Spark Of Spirit

Cuphead's challenge looks off the charts.

I gotta convince one of my friends to get this and let me play it on his PC.