Whatcha Bleedin' Watchin'?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, January 10, 2011, 02:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

So while my mom decides to pause X-Factor to have a smoke, I'm trying to decide what I'm going to watch after Breaking Bad- Mad Men or Better Off Ted

Ted has only 2 seasons, and both shows are around the same length, but Mad Men does have more to come, which would require precedence in catching up with it.

Decisions, decisions.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

So since I never got an answer, I'm going with Better off Ted. I sure hope it's as good as everyone else says.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

There are so many goddamn British shows now that you could describe as "Buffy... but with boring dialogue".

No-Personality

I've been watching NewsRadio's 4th and 5th season on YouTube. Finally got into it. Originally, I started watching it but got REALLY sick of Lauren Graham's character and wondered where the HELL the show was going... well, after about 3 eps, she took a hike and now I've begun really enjoying it. Even laughing more at it than I have the previous seasons. I'm at the episodes now where Jon Lovitz came in as a replacement. I liked him immediately.

I also... tried picking up Frasier where I left off and when I got to the episode where he was ready to dump Claire, I was ready to KILL HIM. However, they actually managed to clean up that mess in an episode where he trekked up to a cabin to yell at Lilith and Diane and... there's a shot were apparently 10 or more actresses who appeared on the show years before as his girlfriends showed up to do 1 shot where he opens the door and they're all waving at him. 4 seconds, hope it was worth it- ladies. Anyway, I skipped to the Halloween episode (which kinda sucked) and stopped there.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

New blog!

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

So tonight's X-Factor night, right? It's only supposed to air one day this week, instead of tonight and Thursday cause of the World Series. But the show is pre-empted a few minutes in for wrap-up of tonight's game.

Which is fine, since the MLB is important. But what isn't fine is that when they're done with the post-show, they air an episode of Ben & Kate instead. And this isn't just a couple of minutes of this show, they air the whole fucking thing.

The eventually do air X-Factor, commercials and all, around 8:40. And that lasts for about an hour when, instead of keeping up with the airing, they replace the show with The Mindy Project about 10-15 minutes before 10. No explanation at all. Which may be just as well, since Fox airs their news at 10, but at least give us something.

They're going to air the show in full next Tuesday, but this whole ordeal was fucking stupid.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

>>Holding The X-Factor up as something of unironic entertainment value.

Avaitor

Demi.

Even if I didn't watch it, this would still be shitty. It sucked when they pre-empted and entirely cancelled Futurama airings for sports events nearly a decade ago, and it still sucks now.

New blog!

Commode

It's because of Demi.  It has to be because of Demi.

^yep.

Commode

Well, sports are important, especially football, so many people watch it and the network makes so much in ad revenue.  Baseball on the other hand is boring as hell, as the American populace has found out in recent years, since even the World Series gets pretty terrible ratings.

And all those sports fans don't care if some stupid cartoon show or show with a bunch of people looking for their 15 minutes of fame get preempted and eventually canceled.

SPORTS!

Avaitor

And now I'm reminded that I need to start Better Off Ted, since that was another show that had episodes entirely pulled off for sporting events. This one got its last couple of episodes dropped in favor of March Madness.

No one else a fan on here? Okay.

New blog!