Whatcha Bleedin' Watchin'?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, January 10, 2011, 02:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

So, Mr. Feeny was on Grey's Anatomy. Only reason I ever watched that show.

Avaitor

I saw the one with Demi. She was really good, but I can't help but feel like she wasn't exactly acting, now that everyone knows her story.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I just watched the first 2 episodes of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, since I know that Avaitor's a big fan of the show and his tastes usually seem to coincide with mine. From what I've seen so far, its decent enough entertainment, though admittedly there were a lot of predictable cliches and typical 90's cheese in that first 2-parter, but I'm willing to put up with it if the show kind of grows out of that in later seasons. I heard that the show goes from being relatively decent to really good after a certain point. Anyone care to tell me exactly when that point is so I know when to expect it? Either way, I'll still watch all of the episodes in order, but it'll be pretty infrequently (as with all things), due to my busy schedule.

Dr. Insomniac

When Spike appears, early on in the second season.

Avaitor

You can really just skip all the way up to Spike's first episode in season 2. Just watch the first 2 episodes and "Angel" from season 1, and you're good
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Alright, I might do that, though I'm kind of OCD about these things and feel the need to watch every episode in order (even if I have to get through quite a few that aren't particularly good), since I always get a nagging feeling whenever I skip even a single episode (let alone most of a season, at that). Either way, I've been needing a new main series to watch on a continuous basis ever since I finished Monk a few months ago, so I'll be sticking with this show either way.

Also, I was wondering if the spin-off series "Angel" is any good. I've heard mixed opinions about it.

Dr. Insomniac

Angel's better than Buffy. :srs:

Also, if you need a new show to watch on a continuous basis, there's always those two I keep mentioning.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, as for The Wire, I'll definitely watch it if it ever streams of Netflix. Right now I just don't have the money to spend on the DVD sets.

As for Dr. Who, I'll probably get to it after I finish Buffy (and probably Angel as well).

Avaitor

I don't agree with Angel being better than Buffy, but it really is worth watching.

Preferably simultaneously, when you hit season 4 of Buffy.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Wait, so what order should I watch it in? Should I put Buffy on hiatus after season 3, watch all of Angel, and then go back to Buffy, or should I alternate between each show, one season at a time, when I get to that point?

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 19, 2012, 12:27:29 AM
Wait, so what order should I watch it in? Should I put Buffy on hiatus after season 3, watch all of Angel, and then go back to Buffy, or should I alternate between each show, one season at a time, when I get to that point?
Latter.

Avaitor

I meant one episode at a time, from a Buffy to an Angel, but whatever flows your boat.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Alright, I suppose that makes sense since, if I'm not mistaken, both shows aired their seasons simultaneously during Angel's run.

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah. Only in season 5 of Angel does it run independently.

Also, when you get to Doctor Who, maybe you could start all the way back from Hartnell? I'm always interested in hearing someone talking about over 30 seasons of a television show.

Kiddington

So... The League is back, and I didn't even realize.

Can't believe I didn't notice until now that Andre does, in fact, look like an uncircumcised penis.  :>