Whatcha Bleedin' Watchin'?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, January 10, 2011, 02:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Oh, and I forgot to mention, but I finally understand this reference.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

No-Personality

Well, my brain's sure scratching on that one. But they teach you that sometimes the most obvious answer is right, so my eyes tell me I recognize the long black coat and the 1994 from The Basketball Diaries (even though I never saw that movie).

't's all I got.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Quote from: No-Personality on February 03, 2013, 10:55:19 AM
Well, my brain's sure scratching on that one. But they teach you that sometimes the most obvious answer is right, so my eyes tell me I recognize the long black coat and the 1994 from The Basketball Diaries (even though I never saw that movie).

't's all I got.
It's from The Wire.

Replace Lily with Omar, and there you go. ;)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Jay L. Corbell

American Horror Story.
At first I was all like "dafuq" but now I'm intrigued.

Foggle

Finished season 2 of The Wire. Last four episodes were even better than the first season IMO.

Spoiler
oh god, Frank, whyyy :cry:
[close]

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on February 07, 2013, 09:15:12 PM
Finished season 2 of The Wire. Last four episodes were even better than the first season IMO.

Spoiler
oh god, Frank, whyyy :cry:
[close]
Spoiler
Game's the game.
[close]

Avaitor

Oh yeah, did anyone here watch Community tonight?

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

A ton of things just got added to my Netflix including MWC, Disney films, TSSM, Avengers season 2, and a bunch of other random things.

Currently watching the Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Do you only have season 1 of SSM? We never got 2 here.

As for Community, I want to bring it up again because the premiere was... not very good. It's off to a pretty bad start, actually. I knew the show was going to feel different without Harmon, but it's like the new showrunners took the heart and mind out of the series right off the bat.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Checking... 26 episodes.

At least now I can watch Meet The Robinsons.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on February 08, 2013, 01:52:08 PM
DVDs of season 2 came out... but they're singles. It's like we're really living in the 90's!

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on February 08, 2013, 03:49:53 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on February 08, 2013, 01:52:08 PM
DVDs of season 2 came out... but they're singles. It's like we're really living in the 90's!
I'm considering buying the singles at this point. For $5 a pop, it'd end up costing as much to get them as it did when I bought season 1 when it came out, but I shouldn't have to settle with singles clogging up my space.

I just want it to at least be able to stream on Netflix, but nope, we still only have the first up on there.

New blog!

No-Personality

I watched the 2nd to last episode of Jem. And, boy was it horrible. Riot (the glamour big, frilly white haired rockstar guy) now gets a whole backstory explaining why he's such a jerk and is slowly redeeming himself. Wait... what happened to the freaking Misfits? There's only 1 episode left and Stormer still hasn't left the band. At this rate, the last episode will be all about Rapture and why she's such a bitch (we already got one where Minx turned good, now Riot). And I guess Rio's out of the picture for good. And that Kimber will never get married. The show jumped the shark and I didn't even notice. It's worse than jumping the shark- it didn't even know it was ending and just assumed it could answer some key questions later. Or, even worse than that, assumed we gave a damn about Riot and his band. Jem looks like such a tart going as far as she's gone defending him. The way things are going now, Rio and Stormer could run away together and no one would notice.

Ugh. I can already smell a non-ending for the show.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Quote from: Avaitor on February 03, 2013, 12:08:33 AM
Oh, and I forgot to mention, but I finally understand this reference.
Jesus, I suck at posting links.

But yeah, both The Wire and Mad Men get better with each passing episode. I picked the latter back up, and season 2 is so much better than the first.

New blog!

Avaitor

After just finishing season 2 of the Wire (holy shit!), I went out to look for a copy of three, either new or used. No luck, but I did find season 1 of I Love Lucy for $5.

Couldn't pass that up.

New blog!