Whatcha Bleedin' Watchin'?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, January 10, 2011, 02:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Sounds like someone trying to get off from watching The Wire.

gunswordfist

I'll get to it...next year. :> *remembers next year is in a few weeks*

I'll get to it...next next year.  :>
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Avaitor

Yeah, Prison Break seems like a show that should have ended a little after they actually did break out of prison.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Isn't YYH: Ghost Files also a bit of a weird name, considering Yusuke is only a ghost for a few episodes?

gunswordfist

Aren't a lot of the demons technically ghosts?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Season 2 of Girls had a lot of potential, especially in the middle, but the last couple of episodes shat it right into the toilet.

I'll still stick around for season 3, but ugh.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

In other news, I finished The West Wing today. Man, while I thought the last season was more exciting than the previous few, I didn't realize how empty it felt on the whole now that I'm done. On the one hand, focusing on the Santos campaign was a necessary idea and gave the show a bit of a new identity that it needed at this point, but there just wasn't enough time with Bartlet. The most screentime he seemed to have was when he was grieving Leo's death, but I still feel that he and Abby could have handled more.

Still, the writing was more consistent here than in the other Sorkin-less years, and I do very much like both Santos and Vinick. I also fully supported both Josh and Donna's advancement over the course of the season. overall, it was a solid if imperfect final season to a solid if imperfect show.

New blog!

GregX

Avaitor

You gotta give a president whose favorite show is The Wire some credit.

New blog!

No-Personality

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 13, 2013, 02:04:36 PMAren't a lot of the demons technically ghosts?
In mythology or animation?

I always thought Rumpelstiltskin was a demon. Depending upon how gnarly he was in folklore text.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

I'm finishing Enlightened now, and wow, I think this show is just as good as The Wire.

I'm serious. There are few pieces of entertainment which combine intelligent humor, heartbreaking drama, and character analysis as well as this. It's a tragedy that it ended with only two seasons, but wow, every episode is a winner.

New blog!

Pharass

I just finished Breaking Bad and now that it's over I can say with absolute certainty that this is one of the greatest TV-shows I've seen in my life. I found the ending to be very satisfying, I especially liked the fact that Jesse
Spoiler
got to kill Todd, seriously fuck that guy
[close]

Quote from: Avaitor on December 31, 2013, 10:42:21 PM
I'm finishing Enlightened now, and wow, I think this show is just as good as The Wire.

I'm serious. There are few pieces of entertainment which combine intelligent humor, heartbreaking drama, and character analysis as well as this. It's a tragedy that it ended with only two seasons, but wow, every episode is a winner.

Never heard of this show before, but as good as The Wire? I'll have to check it out.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Avaitor

Quote from: Pharass on January 05, 2014, 11:55:52 AM
I just finished Breaking Bad and now that it's over I can say with absolute certainty that this is one of the greatest TV-shows I've seen in my life. I found the ending to be very satisfying, I especially liked the fact that Jesse
Spoiler
got to kill Todd, seriously fuck that guy
[close]
Spoiler
I personally like how Jesse's murder of Todd reflected Walt's of Krazy 8. I feel like that was one more final reminder of how far Jesse had come since the series started, and whether or not he could come out alright.

Also, it's worth noting that Aaron Paul basically requested that he got to kill Todd. I'm not sure if it was already in the script or not, but Paul was really hoping he could do it haha.
[close]

Quote from: Pharass on January 05, 2014, 11:55:52 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on December 31, 2013, 10:42:21 PM

Never heard of this show before, but as good as The Wire? I'll have to check it out.
It's only 2 seasons long, and it isn't the kind of show which grabs you instantly, but Enlightened is the necessary opposite to the anti-hero subgenre that's been impacting TV since The Sopranos. Very funny, very heartbreaking, unlike anything else I've seen.

New blog!

Avaitor

As of now, I'm adding in Seinfeld to my list of other comedies I've decided to watch all the way through, even if I'm not consistent with most of them. And after just finishing the first season, I can see why it isn't that popular with fans. Jerry and Larry still knock out some great lines, but they don't really know how to pace a story along yet, and while shades of the characters are already there, they aren't fully defined yet.

Kramer especially is just there, mainly since it seems like they have no idea how to add him into the plots yet.

New blog!