Ushio & Tora

Started by Spark Of Spirit, July 10, 2015, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I just finished the latest episode.  :SHOCK:
Spoiler
I wasn't sure how Ushio could be turned but I was expecting this to be Tora and gang beating up Ushio at most. Not a really epic episode that brought everyone together. Everything Ushio has done in the series has lead up to this. Beautiful, beautiful buildup. I severely underestimated this show and that was after putting it in the 6th spot on my anime list today.
[close]
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Another great episode of Ushio & Tora. A lot has happened since they met the first chosen successor of the Beast Spear. Scary face whatshername. Anyway, and it has only picked up even more after they encountered the one that was possessed and even after everything that happened over the last few episodes, the show is not letting up at all. I love it. ;D

Spark Of Spirit

Tora never gets to eat anybody.  :-\

Now that our pal's back and we have the cave up ahead I'm wondering just what's waiting for them. It's got to be big if the Hiyou didn't want them to make it there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Good point. It could be anything..

LumRanmaYasha

Really satisfying episode, with some great character moments from Tora and Asako, and a cute emotional scene with Ushio thinking about his friends to boot. I wasn't expecting Hyou to pop up when he did. Tora didn't seem too surprised to see him again; I'm assuming that in the manga they had encountered him a few more times before this. I'm definitely curious as to what's in the cave, and wonder if we'll finally see the remaining Beast Spear successor show up week.

Spark Of Spirit

The MV of the second ED has been released.

I really like the music choices in this show. Like the old OVA, they fit this story so well.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Wow.

Now that was intense.

gunswordfist

*sees the temple**still expects them to just fight a part of Hakumen No Mono*
Spoiler
*demon shows up and soon establishes itself as either friendly or neutral* *expects him to just give exposition* *they get thrown back in time* *my reaction to this and things to come*

If I remember correctly, they hinted at Mayuko having some kind of special ancestory during the demon mirror episode. Either way, it was surprising to hear that she's related to Jie Mie. I liked seeing Ushio hang out with her and her family with him thinking about others from his time during it all. And the whole Hakumen castle scene started from it coming out of hiding :SHOCK: How HNM made Ushio completely stop and the beautiful animation on its widening eye  :SHOCK: :SHOCK: !
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

Did you also notice the reveal from a recent episode that Hizaki Mikado, the young woman who sealed the demon family from Tora Goes to the City, is the same old woman who runs the Kouhamei sect? They mentioned her name and it was the same one.

I'm not sure how much Fujita thought his story out in advance, but it all seems to be connected in some way.

gunswordfist

:SHOCK: What? No way. I was wondering if that episode was filler because the little girl, her descendant, was the only girl who didn't come back to help Ushio a couple of episodes ago.

Spark Of Spirit

So far everything that has been adapted to the anime has been plot important in some way. Nishimura's done a great job keeping everything so smooth and intense.

Also, we're at about the halfway point of the series. I can only imagine where it's going from here.

Quote from: gunswordfist on November 06, 2015, 05:04:41 PM
*sees the temple**still expects them to just fight a part of Hakumen No Mono*
Spoiler
*demon shows up and soon establishes itself as either friendly or neutral* *expects him to just give exposition* *they get thrown back in time* *my reaction to this and things to come*

If I remember correctly, they hinted at Mayuko having some kind of special ancestory during the demon mirror episode. Either way, it was surprising to hear that she's related to Jie Mie. I liked seeing Ushio hang out with her and her family with him thinking about others from his time during it all. And the whole Hakumen castle scene started from it coming out of hiding :SHOCK: How HNM made Ushio completely stop and the beautiful animation on its widening eye  :SHOCK: :SHOCK: !
[close]
Spoiler

Messed up!
[close]

gunswordfist

The best kind of messed up!

I think I also thought the airplane episode might have been kind of unimportant. Of course, there's no point in thinking that anymore. :P Nishimura is doing an excellent job.  :)

If there's some kind of midseason break, I'm rewatching the series. I already I am going to view things differently during that.

Spark Of Spirit

There's going to be a couple of months break after episode 26 and then in April they're going to finish the last 13. I'm guessing that means they're going to leave us off on something really crazy within the next seven episodes before the break. Honestly, I have no idea where the story is going next so I can't even speculate on it.

gunswordfist

Good, you should be as surprised as I will be.  :D

Then I'll do the replay during that time, thank you. :)

Spark Of Spirit

That was another great one. A lot of stuff has been explained. And next week it looks like we'll finally meet the fourth successor.

It's funny, when Tora said Ushio can't turn back now I thought the same about watching this show. I'm in until the end.