Ushio & Tora

Started by Spark Of Spirit, July 10, 2015, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

H.A.M.M.R.'s back as is the Rock Eater armor and the Azafuse helping out Tora. Looks like we're really heading to the final battle.

My favorite part was the end when the two of them replay the events of the first episode. Seems like such a long time ago now. Looking at Ushio's treasures, all from the early episodes only puts that across further.

Another great episode.

Spoiler
[close]
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

UT did it again - a lot of unexpected elements were brought back.
Spoiler
Who would have thought that the Rock Eater's armor would give Ushio his 1st real upgrade?  I also loved seeing the toy phone, Jie Mie era clothes, food from Ushio's ancestor/the Sect Head and them showing that Ushio is also an artist and not just a hothead again. And the Ushio meets Tora reenactment was great. haha
[close]

This episode did a lot and I want to see much more. Only 9 episodes left.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I could probably go on and on about how great this series is, and how it just keeps on getting better, but it'd probably sound redundant at this point. Honestly, the only thing that I'm really unhappy about with U&T by this point is that it's already headed into its end-game, and while that's great for this story arc, I REALLY wish there would be more. I could watch tons of stories featuring these characters and never get bored so long as it maintained this level of quality with its writing.

Spark Of Spirit

The fight between Tora and Nagare was awesome. Really enjoyed hearing his reasons for what he was doing, too, and that ending was so well done.

And since Ushio is on his way to the pillar where Mayuko, his mom, and Hakumen, are it looks like something real bad is about to go down. Can't wait until next week!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Hmmm I didn't understand why Nagare turned. Still sad, the none less

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 29, 2016, 07:21:10 PMHmmm I didn't understand why Nagare turned.
He spent his whole life dumbing himself down in order to not stick out of the crowd and make himself and his mother a target. This made him instinctively hold himself back from everything and thereby made himself unfulfilled and empty in everything. He became a monk to forswear the material world and to focus on improving his interior life instead. But that changed when he met Tora and Ushio. His first fight with Tora was the first time he'd ever been completely outclassed and beaten in his life. Ushio saw through his facade of non-caring jokester to who he really was and it aggravated him because he hated himself for being so empty--that was why Nagare kept talking about the wind in the back of his head.

Hakumen took advantage of this, as he is wont to do, to twist Nagare's biggest weak-point and prey on it to use him as a tool against Ushio and Tora like he did to everyone else. That's probably what made this hit harder since Nagare was a good guy who fell along the way. Not seeing him in the final battle is going to be a real loss.

And it further solidifies Ushio & Tora as a favorite of mine.

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

No problem.

I found the last scene how it looked in the manga:

Spoiler
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

Well . . . that's not good. Everyone's beatin the crap out of each other, and here comes big ol' Hakumen to spoil their fun.

The final battle is here, folks.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That was a really touching moment between Ushio and his mother.

And yeah, shit just got real. The hype is through the roof.

gunswordfist

I am not worthy..My heart is still pounding from just finishing this episode. And they have to deal with that motherfucker for 7 more episodes?! How? lol

Also, early Happy Mother's Day, Ushio's mother. This one came out during the perfect time. My eyes are also a bit watered from this episode.

Spark Of Spirit

New visual for the last season.

They also included the cover of the 14th volume of the "Complete Edition" omnibus out next week:

Come on, Viz, jump on this, already!

Spark Of Spirit

It really amazes me that this show isn't more popular than it is. Especially after watching this episode. That was just incredible.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

After 32-episodes of build-up, I'm glad to see that Hakumen no Mono did not disappoint. He lives up to his reputation of being the ultimate evil.

It reminds me a lot of how the MCU movies always keep building up Thanos, but I doubt that he can possibly live up to the hype after a decade of just sitting on his space toilet. With Hakumen no Mono, the mangaka wisely gave us little glimpses and tastes of what he was capable of throughout the series, so we knew that the threat was real, but still seeing him in full force in the present is absolutely without comparison. This is the type of villain where you say to yourself: How in the living hell will our heroes even stand a chance against him?

gunswordfist

Things are looking REALLY bad and I really feel for Ushio. Hakumen's such a great villain. I like him more after this and I think this show just went up a spot on my list.