Batman: The Brave & The Bold

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 11, 2011, 07:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Yep, the fact that they never showed Bruce Wayne's face until that exact moment was a perfect choice. It really makes the scene hit harder.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

It certainly did. And to think, I thought they only did that to show that Batman in his civilian identity has no place in this show.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

And I watched Gorillas In The Mist for breakfast this morning. Grodd has more episodes than any other villain "I've always had this belt, you just haven't seen it yet!" And I was surprised to see The Spectre again. Especially so soon.

Stupid Netflix. They only have PART 1 of The Siege Of Starro as the last episode they have.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The Siege of Starro (The 2-parter and the pre-episode shorts leading up to it) is one of my favorite story-arcs in any cartoon series that I've ever seen. Batman teams up with a bunch of B-list heroes, but they all show what real heroes are made of when they rely on resourcefulness rather than just overcoming things with their powers and abilities. It keeps in tone with the campy nature of this show, yet simultaneously adds in plenty of really well-done serious material, and it has such a bitter-sweet ending to it.

Spark Of Spirit

The build-up was also great. Using a bunch of the bumpers to set up Starro's arrival gave it a lot of punch. I don't think it's any secret that I'll be covering it in the feature when it comes up.

Not to mention the Faceless Hunter was one of the best villain performances in the show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Issue #4 deals with one of the most popular episodes of the series!

So I guess you can tell what the next episode will be.  ;)

EDIT: Random observation while writing the next part and re-watching part one-

Batman punches Blue Bowman in the face a lot in this episode. Like every time he says something to Batman he gets a fist in the face.

I can only imagine why that is.

Spark Of Spirit

Issue #5 is on time!

I really do think that was a Darkwing Duck reference.

Foggle

You actually got it up before my fifth Kill la Kill blog! :joy: I'm so laaaaaaaaaate.

Spark Of Spirit

I was going to ask where it was, but I figured you had your reasons!

No rush.  :)

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 05, 2013, 06:19:04 PM
I was going to ask where it was, but I figured you had your reasons!

No rush.  :)
I've had one hell of a past week. Both extremely good and extremely bad. My heart can't take much more of this. I'll explain later. :sweat:

Spark Of Spirit

Issue #6!

You actually see the "Bat-nipples" in the episode. I tried to spare you that here.

Avaitor

You can actually buy Chris O'Donnell's costume from Batman & Robin in Bonhams' upcoming auction.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

By Poseidon, those savings are outrageous!

Seriously though, the other stuff sounds so much cooler.

Spark Of Spirit

Issue #7 and one of the show's best episodes.

Yes, it's still the same show as the last episode. That's just how wide this show is.

Next week will be what is most likely my favorite episode.

Spark Of Spirit

Issue #8 covers what might be my favorite episode!

I would totally watch an OMAC show based around this episode. There's so much potential in the concept, and as great as this episode was, I would have really liked to see more of him in the show.