31 Nights of Halloween (2015)

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, October 01, 2015, 03:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

A very funny movie, and definitely one I enjoy more than both the film and book it's parodying. I haven't seen it in half a decade, and it was always far from my favorite Abbott & Costello, but it's certainly worth watching at least once. :) Shame they couldn't get Vincent Price as the titular Invisible Man, though.

Avaitor

I actually haven't seen this one before, but I really feel that I should.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Avaitor

Oh, I did get to finally see Alice, Sweet Alice last night.

It's pretty cool. The kind of horror film that allows its quiet moments to build on tension and do so well, which is always the best kind. And it gets pretty crazy, in a fun way.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

NIGHT 15

Directed by: Bong Joon-ho
Screenplay by: Bong Joon-ho, Ha Won-jun, Baek Chul-hyun
Starring: Song Kang-ho, Byeon Hie-bong, Park Hae-il, Bae Doona, Ko Ah-sung
Released: 2006

So, I'm not even going to bother discussing how this film is a clever political sattire or about it's environmental message. I simply love it because it's a great monster movie. It successfully combines both dread and humor to make a uniquely entertaining story that's really about the bonds of a dysfunctional family more than it is about a giant monster that eats people. This movie works thanks to great writing, directing, and especially both spot-on dramatic and comedic sensibilities from its actors.

The director of this film also went on to do Snowpiercer, one of the best films of the last few years. I'm really inclined to check out the rest of his work.

Avaitor

And no, this has nothing to do with the Stephanie Meyer book.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on October 15, 2015, 02:34:09 PM
Interest deflated. /talon
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Guys please believe me. I didn't read all of Stephanie Meyer's books.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 15, 2015, 02:57:27 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on October 15, 2015, 02:34:09 PM
Interest deflated. /talon

Tell that to CX. He's the one who thought that it was the Stephanie Meyer abomination in the greatest movie competition. :srs:

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 15, 2015, 03:01:32 PM
Guys please believe me. I didn't read all of Stephanie Meyer's books.
Almost all is bad enough. :bleh:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

And the lack of discussion on The Host is just abysmal. Shame on all of you! :unimpressed:

NIGHT 16

Directed by: Terence Fisher
Screenplay by: Jimmy Sangster
Starring: Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee
Released: 1957

And we're back to Hammer horror again. I honestly haven't seen this one, so I don't have much to say, but I've heard that it's one of the better Frankenstein movies.

Avaitor

I really like The Host, but I didn't think that I could add much more to the film.

The Curse of Frankenstein is pretty good, but you guys probably know my stance, that Dracula>Frankenstein in almost any circumstance. This is a solid adaptation of the story, and it's worth keeping around for starting up the Hammer horror legacy.

New blog!

talonmalon333

I actually think Universal's Frankenstein has held up noticeably better than Dracula.

If you like Hammer horror, Curse of Frankenstein is one you need to see. I really do think it's a great alternate take on the story. Also, Peter Cushing is perfect as Frankenstein, just as he was Van Helsing,

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

NIGHT 17

Directed by: Terence Fisher
Screenplay by: Bert Batt
Starring: Peter Cushing, Veronica Carlson
Released: 1969

Yet another Hammer horror film directed by the veteran of Hammer horror productions, and yet another one that I haven't seen.

It looks like this is around the time when Christopher Lee was getting tired of these pictures, though, and was absent from some of them (although, I do know some 70's productions that he appeared in).

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, not even the person who nominated this movie has anything to say about it?