E3 2016

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 13, 2016, 09:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

I didn't realize the previous CoD games had space combat, parkour, grappling hooks, and zero gravity segments...?

Spark Of Spirit

I still can't get over the Skylanders thing. First Spyro and now Crash.

What a joke.

Quote from: Foggle on June 13, 2016, 09:23:11 PM
I didn't realize the previous CoD games had space combat, parkour, grappling hooks, and zero gravity segments...?
They actually had most of that. The only thing new is press button to parkour on limited surfaces. In the last game they had a slide and jetpack.

My main issue is the shooting and AI remains as boring as ever, and the level design is still a straight line to the end. I'm not going to get excited about a COD game until it's out and fan reaction is positive.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

To be fair, they are "remastering" the first three Crash games. If they do it like Ratchet & Clank, that could be cool. But yeah, the Skylanders shit was lame.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 13, 2016, 09:27:10 PM
They actually had most of that. The only thing new is press button to parkour on limited surfaces. In the last game they had a slide and jetpack.

My main issue is the shooting and AI remains as boring as ever, and the level design is still a straight line to the end. I'm not going to get excited about a COD game until it's out and fan reaction is positive.
Really? Huh. The most recent one I paid attention to was Modern Warfare 2. I'm a sucker for space science-fiction so I still think this game looks great, though. Had no idea it was CoD for the first two-thirds of the trailer, which should say something about it at least.

Spark Of Spirit

The remasters were a fine announcement. I just hope it doesn't have that horrid Skylanders redesign.

Quote from: Foggle on June 13, 2016, 09:30:48 PM
To be fair, they are "remastering" the first three Crash games. If they do it like Ratchet & Clank, that could be cool. But yeah, the Skylanders shit was lame.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 13, 2016, 09:27:10 PM

Really? Huh. The most recent one I paid attention to was Modern Warfare 2. I'm a sucker for space science-fiction so I still think this game looks great, though. Had no idea it was CoD for the first two-thirds of the trailer, which should say something about it at least.
You missed Call of Spacey?

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

All I knew was that it had some sci-fi elements, to be honest.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 13, 2016, 08:21:46 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 13, 2016, 06:28:09 PM
Wish we got AN ACTUAL NEW BLOOD DRAGON  >:(
I believe there was an official announcement when the last Far Cry game came out that they're not doing another one.

Ubisoft is awful.
Yeah, I posted that. I thought they changed their mind. I was wrong.

Whoa, this Call of Duty does look good
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I like Space and Sci-Fi shooters as well, but much like Desensitized, I'm not interested in another CoD game that just uses that coat of paint but is still a linear corridor shooter with brain-dead AI.

Foggle

I'll take what I can get from the space adventure genre. This is pretty much my only option unless I want to wait for Star Citizen or Mass Effect: Andromeda, neither of which will probably be out before 2018.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Halo: Reach has an outer space level where you pilot a ship and even fight in zero-gravity. You should totally play that game on those grounds alone. :joy:

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 13, 2016, 10:32:09 PM
Halo: Reach has an outer space level where you pilot a ship and even fight in zero-gravity. You should totally play that game on those grounds alone. :joy:
I actually should to be honest. :D I will try to buy it sometime soon since it's so cheap now.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If you do ever get around to it, I recommend starting on Heroic difficulty. Normal doesn't do the game much justice since the AI are really dumbed down on that difficulty.

Peanutbutter

Once again, Sony killed it this year! Nintendo could end up having an even better showing, but right now Sony is on top.

I marked out when Kratos showed up, though not as much as when Hideo came out and introduced Death Stranding. That was awesome. Resident Evil 7 I think got the biggest pop out of the conference, it looked amazing. With Allison Road sadly canned, this is the best chance for a P.T. game we're ever going to get.

Spider-Man looked great, but I'm not a fan of his chest design so far.

Rynnec

I'm surprised how cool the new CoD looks, yeah it may be the same linear experience, but if the weapons are interesting and  the campaign has co-op then it'll definitely be on my radar.

By contrast, God of War 4 looks like the least interesting GoW yet. I may not be a fan of those games, but the thing I liked about them were the awesome, over-the-top setpieces, and how brutally visceral the combat looked and felt. The new game looks like it does away with both of those things, and the result is an unexciting MGR knockoff, and I didn't even think that was possible (granted, the original games were Ninja Gaiden knock offs, but they at least kept the excitement level of those games.) and it's Norse, so there's no reason for things not to get over-the-top here. I'm also not keen on playing as Kratos again, but at least he's a bit more tolerable this time around.

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 13, 2016, 10:32:09 PM

I so would (I've been in a Halo mood since watching Legends last week) but sadly, I still do not own a 360. :(

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 13, 2016, 09:38:33 PM
The remasters were a fine announcement. I just hope it doesn't have that horrid Skylanders redesign.

I think the Skylanders Crash looks okay. Not as good as his classic design, but it's still recognizably Crash. Can't say the same thing for Spyro's current look.

Daikun

Daxdiv

I will say that Crash in Skylanders looks a lot better than the last time Activision gave him a reboot. Spyro always looked like a pug in the Skylanders series to me. Considering that Crash is going to one of the Skylanders gimmicks this game, which are the Sensei, he'll probably only have that one figurine that will be usable in future games based on the past patterns of the other gimmicks Skylanders like the Giants, the Swap Force, the Trap Masters, & the Superchargers. I'm actually curious to see if Nintendo will partner up with Activision again and give use another Nintendo Skymiibo character

Though poor Spyro, he got figures for the first 3 games, then got a mini counterpart in the 4 and an Eon's Elite figure as well, then Superchargers came along and he didn't get a Superchargers version of himself.