E3 2016

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 13, 2016, 09:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 14, 2016, 03:07:23 PM
I'm not really a fan of open world games at all. But what this reminds me of is the original Zelda game. You can go anywhere you want and do anything in any order you want. They just finally have incentives for exploring and going out of your way to find things.

Making everything traverse-able and wide open just makes it all the more interesting to me.
That does sound better than usual. I actually don't mind open world games if they're small enough and treat the world more as a hub that leads into the main content rather than having the entire thing take place in the open world itself. If Zelda's like that, I'll probably enjoy it.

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 14, 2016, 03:02:44 PM
That's pretty much the consensus from most Souls fans; though, I have heard a lot of Souls fans claim to like it more than DS3, which seems to have disappointed a portion of the Souls Community. That said, a lot of people are still excited for it since supposedly DS3 is the last Souls game (though I'm pretty sure that Bloodborne sequels are still happening).
I definitely enjoyed the Nioh demo more than DS2 and 3, but I still like DS1 slightly more. Meanwhile, DeS and BB are some of my favorite games of all time.

Spark Of Spirit

Shadow Warrior 2!

Classic shooters are on their way back!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Looks great! The first one is easily one of the best games of the current gen so far, and I'm sure the sequel will be even better. :D

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 14, 2016, 06:18:31 PM
Shadow Warrior 2!

Looks like the manliest, black tar having game I've ever seen.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Nintendo's stream tomorrow is going to unveil a new RPG IP.

I hope it does better than Codename Steam. That game got dumped on so much despite being one of the best 3DS games.

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 14, 2016, 09:15:51 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 14, 2016, 06:18:31 PM
Shadow Warrior 2!

Looks like the manliest, black tar having game I've ever seen.
Have you played the new DOOM yet?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Apparently the Resident Evil 7 demo has a bunch of secrets I completely missed. Thought I did a good job scouring the house, too...

gunswordfist

I have not played DOOM. I'm still in last gen. ;)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I'm confused as to how Nintendo can go back to basics with Super Mario Bros., Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong Country, Mario & Luigi, Mario Kart, Pikmin, and Star Fox (to an extent), but they absolutely refuse to do so for Mario Party or Paper Mario.

I'm not even saying the new Mario Party and Paper Mario will be bad games, but it just doesn't make any sense.

Foggle

Let's not kid ourselves, the last good Mario Party was 3. Maybe 4. The only game of its type I find particularly enjoyable these days is 100% Orange Juice.

But yeah, the direction they're taking with Color Splash is especially disheartening given the great work they've done with their other franchises as of late. I'm sure in 10 years we'll finally get a proper Paper Mario 3... and Metroid 5.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, aside from the fact that I've had to come to terms with the reality that Devil May Cry 5 is never happening, this was a surprisingly decent E3 with a number of announcements that interested even myself, which rarely ever happens anymore.

Foggle

DMC5 will probably be announced next year tbh. If they can bring back Resident Evil as a legit horror game, I'm sure they have plans for a true Devil May Cry sequel as well. Itsuno just started working on a new unannounced project at the beginning of the year too...

Rynnec

Aren't Devil May Cry games typically showed off on TGS first?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I thought that DMC4 was first showed off at E3, but to be honest I'm not sure. Still, E3 is generally considered to be the bigger gaming event on a worldwide scale, and DMC itself sells a majority of its copies for each installment outside of Japan, so marketing it at E3 would make more sense unless they were working on the game and were still too early in development to show any of it off.

Spark Of Spirit

So what new games announced this year are you all interested in?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Resident Evil 7
Zelda
Death Stranded
Spider-Man

Probably some others that I'm forgetting.