E3 2016

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 13, 2016, 09:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

Why are they even doing another portable Mario Party? DS and Island Tour couldn't have possibly have been that popular.

At the very least. new Mario amiibo. I can finally get a Rosalina, Daisy and the Wa-bros.

gunswordfist

Death Stranded
Spider-Man
Gears 4
God of Us
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

VLordGTZ

Zelda
Death Stranded
Spider-Man

Foggle

Death Strandeding
Prey
Resident Evil 7
Spider-Man
Wolfenstein: The New Colossus
Zelda (technically this was already announced a few years ago, but everyone else is listing it, so... :D)

Foggle

Looks like a demo for the Resident Evil 2 Remake might be bundled with RE7...

gunswordfist

Ah, I need to watch Prey's gameplay! Didn't know a new Wolfenstein was announced.

I need to check out Dishonored 2 too.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 16, 2016, 03:06:58 AM
Ah, I need to watch Prey's gameplay! Didn't know a new Wolfenstein was announced.
No real gameplay of Prey has been released yet, but I read some of the leaked design documents describing it and it sounds heavenly. Like System Shock 2 combined with Deus Ex from the developers of Dishonored and writer of Planescape: Torment. It's going to be really damn good.

New Colossus was only teased rather than actually announced, but MachineGames did such a wonderful job with their first two Wolfenstein titles that there's no way I wouldn't already be hyped for the next one.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 15, 2016, 08:53:42 PM
Resident Evil 7
Zelda
Death Stranded
Spider-Man

Probably some others that I'm forgetting.

I'll add God of War 4, Detroit, and that cool looking Mech Warrior-like game to that list.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

As someone who's played all of the Gears of War games, I found Gears 4 to honestly look pretty uninspired. To me it looks like a graphically enhanced Gears 3, and while I've always kind of enjoyed this series in a "turn off your brain and have some dumb fun" sort of way (unless you play on Insane, in which case get ready to deal with some cheap BS), this one doesn't really entice me to do even that much from what I've seen of it so far.

Granted, I'd still probably play it if I owned an XBOX ONE, but it's nothing that makes me want to own the console.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 15, 2016, 08:53:42 PMResident Evil 7
Zelda
Death Stranded
Spider-Man

Probably some others that I'm forgetting.

Also, South Park: The Fractured Butt-Hole. I loved the last game (flat-out the funniest game that I have ever played) and look forward to this one just as much.

Foggle

It's too bad Obsidian isn't making the new South Park game. Love their work. Hope the new one doesn't suffer without them.

Spark Of Spirit

Not necessarily new games, but I do have a few games that successfully hyped me up from their presentations and footage.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Spider-Man
Cuphead
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Shadow Warrior 2
Yooka-Laylee

Also interested in the new Quake and Wolfenstein announcements, but id Interactive IPs are pretty much expected to be great from now on.

All things considered, it wasn't as bad this year as I was expecting. Pretty good spread of genres, too.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

By the way, it's confirmed that you can find and fight the final boss right off the bat in Zelda if you want to. That's pretty cool. Feels like games don't give that option anymore.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Cuphead! Still waiting for that beautiful, beautiful game. My most anticipated games at the moment haven't really changed since last E3, unfortunately... they've just all moved to 2017. :\

Nier: Automata
Yooka-Laylee
Persona 5
Yakuza 0
Resident Evil 7 (okay, this one is new)

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 16, 2016, 12:19:04 PM
By the way, it's confirmed that you can find and fight the final boss right off the bat in Zelda if you want to. That's pretty cool. Feels like games don't give that option anymore.
:joy:

Spark Of Spirit

Yooka-Laylee toybox footage from E3.

Just watching it and they clearly get what people liked and didn't like about old 3D platformers. It looks like a lot of fun.

EDIT: Fans of 2D platformers should really check out this trailer.