Started by LumRanmaYasha, July 10, 2016, 01:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Sin
Paradise
The Real Folk Blues Part 2
Farewell, Rikiishi Tooru
The Cross-Shaped Wound
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

The Real Folk Blues Part 2
Paradise
Sin
Cross Shaped Wound
Farewell
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

"Farewell, Rikiishi Tooru"
"The Cross-Shaped Wound"
"The Real Folk Blues Part 2"
"Paradise"
"Sin"
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

VLordGTZ

"Sin"
"Paradise"
"The Cross-Shaped Wound"

LumRanmaYasha

"Paradise"
"The Cross-Shaped Wound"
"Sin"

Spoiler

Trigun #23 culminates Wolfwood's character arc in a tragic yet cathartic way. It was the first episode of the show I ever watched and remains my favorite.

AnJ #52 is a heartbreaking exploration of Joe dealing with the guilt of Rikiishi's death, ultimately running away from the people who reach out to him.

CB #26 is an iconic finale where Spike finally confronts his past and affirms that he was truly alive, dying satisfied.

RK:T&B #4 depicts the tragic origin of what inspired Kenshin's pacifist ways as a rurouni, having finally experienced the pain of loss and realizing no one has the right to take another's life.

Trigun #24 pushes Vash to his breaking point, forcing him to break his no-killing rule and becoming disillusioned with Rem's teachings in the process.
[close]

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

Ashita no Joe #52: "Farewell, Rikiishi Tooru" - 22
Trigun #23: "Paradise" - 18
Cowboy Bebop #26: "The Real Folk Blues (Part 2)" - 19
Rurouni Kenshin Trust and Betrayal #4: "The Cross-Shaped Wound" - 13
Trigun #24: "Sin" - 18

"Farewell, Rikiishi Tooru" and "The Real Folk Blues (Part 2)" move on to the finals! The next match will be up shortly.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

The Fate of Ushio & Tora
Sleep, Doctor, Sleep
New World
His Youth... Now Turned to Ash
Continuing Day By Day
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'll need some time to think about this one.

LumRanmaYasha

"His Youth...Now Turned to Ash"
"Sleep, Doctor, Sleep"
"New World"
"The Fate of Ushio & Tora"
"Continuing Day By Day"

Spoiler

AnJ 2 #47 - The most iconic anime ending of all-time.

YYH #74 - An extremely well-directed and well-animated fight that was one of the highlights of Akiyuki Shinbo's early career, and perhaps his best work as an episode director on YYH.

DN #37 - The cathartic and satisfying fall of one of the most devious villain protagonist in anime history.

U&T #39 - Mediates on the relationship between man and nature via the metaphorical symbolism of the yokai becoming the foundation of Japan, and a satisfying conclusion to Ushio and Tora's journey with resolution for practically every character involved.

FMP: TSR #13 - Sosuke's character arc culminates here as he comes into his own and starts living for himself, becoming "a real man" instead of soldier for hire.
[close]

VLordGTZ

"His Youth...Now Turned to Ash"
"Sleep, Doctor, Sleep"
"The Fate of Ushio & Tora"
"Continuing Day By Day"
"New World"

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Avaitor

New blog!

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody