Nickelodeon's Live Action

Started by Commode, January 16, 2011, 01:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Wait, so All That would still stay on? I thought you said that you'd take it off.

Besides that, that sounds like a good schedule replacement. I came up with my own idea not that long ago too. Basically, keep Hey Dude on until it's run is done, than replace it with Salute Your Shorts, and take off the other 3 shows and bring back Rocko, Arnold and Clarissa (which actually has a lot to air, since besides stopping at the beginning of season 5, they skipped the first and half of season 2), then replace Clarissa with something else when that's done.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Rynnec

I did want it gone for awhile, but then I thought that since the block is named after the show, and it still has episodes left, I thought that it may as well stay, just have it not be the block opener until more episodes can be shown.

Avaitor

Ah, gotcha.

Yeah, when they can get the rights back to the rest of the original cast episodes, they should air it again. For now, AT really needs a rest, though. I think we're on the fourth run of the set they have now. That's just too redundant IMO.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

I'd be fine with All That having a permanent spot if they had the rights to the entire show. It lasted 10 seasons and had over 180 episodes; even if they aired it every night, they really wouldn't cycle through it all that quickly.

I don't know why this is such a problem; they've had over four months to acquire the rights to other seasons, and still haven't. It's all the same network (Nickelodeon), run by the same mega-corporation (Viacom), so it absolutely mystifies me that they're having this much acquiring the rights to something they should already own (assuming they're even trying, that is; for all we know, they don't even give a shit about having other seasons, and 2-3 are good enough).

Has the delay in getting "new" episodes been explained by anyone yet (IE on Facebook, Twitter, etc.)? Seems like it should've by now.

Avaitor

According to the Twitter and FB, they are trying to acquire the rest of AT, along with some other shows they don't fully own yet, but it's a hard thing to take care of. Like, either it costs too much to or whoever does own them just don't have all the masters at easy places to find any more.

So they say. I still think that they're just running on autopilot and aren't willing to admit it I mean, even with Rgurats and HA, they're airing the same episodes they already have from season 1.

New blog!

Avaitor

Oh, and Arnold won this week's U-Pick. A mini-marathon of the show will air tonight.

Next week's is All That vs. Rugrats. Guess what I'm voting for.

New blog!

Kiddington

Hey Arnold is a pretty cool show. I've been taking the time to watch it a bit more lately (both on the block and DVD), and I can safely say these early episodes hold up quite well. It's not quite as funny as Rocko or Rugrats, but the writing is still pretty sharp and amusing. I also love these characters; a diverse, quirky cast of thousands that each bring their own special charm. I'd say Arnold's crazy Grandma is probably my favorite; I especially loved the bit during the heat wave episode when she was actually the only normal one in the group, while everybody else was losing it.

So yeah, I'd say this is a keeper for the time being. I do wish they'd start playing some late-run episodes, though; they still haven't ventured anything beyond Season 2 yet, which is quite lame. I know the late-run stuff isn't as good, but I would still like to see it again, just to see if it holds up as well as the early ones.

Avaitor

They did pull some seasons 3 and 4 out in the U-Pick block on Friday. But yeah, I've been really getting back into the show lately, thanks to the DVD, the block and Netflix. Arnold isn't much of a character, and neither is Gerald for that matter, but the cast is so big that there's plenty of others that you can find to love, and everyone gets their time to shine at some point in the show. I truly believe that there's someone for anybody in the series.

Oh, which reminds me, another reason Rugrats should win this week- all the episodes witch clips in the voting section have yet to air on the block.

New blog!

Avaitor

Rugrats won this week, surprising no one.

And next week-s U-Pick is Kenan & Kel vs. Are You Afraid of the Dark? And I'm voting for AYOATD, also surprising no one.

New blog!

Daxdiv

Sweet, I kind of forgot that they were airing the Chocolate Pudding episode. I laughed like crazy to see Stu making chocolate pudding on TV rather than a YT clip.

Avaitor

I'm about to make another non-90's Are All That-related post.

I can't help but notice that the ratings for Nick have been dropping drastically over the past few months. To the point that not only has Disney been topping them, but even Cartoon Network has been catching up and consistently beating them in certain demographics.

I think what we argued about before has really been starting to hurt them- the lack of variety or consistency in scheduling, over reliance on certain types of shows, and a lack of airing new episodes on a regular basis. Meanwhile, Disney seems to be taking the notion that kids are tired of live-action shows about characters or settings they can't relate to and focusing their main character's age groups from the high school and older range to middle school and younger, which seems to be doing a lot better for them in key demos. Nick is still sticking to what they've been doing now, which I think kids are losing interest in.

Like, they really need to cut back on the SpongeBob and Schneider shows and try to shape up their lineup a little. They don't have to air the same 4 shows a day when they have at least twice that many in production.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I would really like to enjoy that. I remember turning on Nick three consecutive times last week and all three times on that day they were airing FOP.

It's like they're still stuck in the early 00s.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Also, they're talking about airing MMPR now. They can, since they own the right to the franchise.

idk what to think about that though.

New blog!

Commode

As part of The 90's Are All That?  I'd rather they not, since I've kinda been thinking of that block as a 90's Nick Nostalgia trip(I would kill for a Fox Kids Nostalgia trip though, even though I barely watched MMPR as a kid), but I guess if they never explicitly said that the block was limited to Nick shows, and since MMPR is a big hit from the 90's, than it really wouldn't be out of place.

What about TMNT(the original one)?  Don't they have the rights to that?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

I think so. They own the entire franchise, I believe. Hopefully they still don't have music rights issues. That seems to be the real thorn in the side to everything relating to the 80s show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton