Nickelodeon's Live Action

Started by Commode, January 16, 2011, 01:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

What are you guys talking about? This new Rocko episode is amazing. So much depth in such brevity.

Avaitor

The mayo bit from "Wacky Delly" is one of the dirtiest gags in the show's history, but it always gets ignored. Probably from the rest of the episode.

Also, we're morons for not realizing this was supposed to air on the 1st sooner.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on March 31, 2013, 11:08:06 PM
Also, we're morons for not realizing this was supposed to air on the 1st sooner.

This.

Hey, give 'em credit for trying something new though. The block isn't dead yet!

Avaitor

Yeah, it's better than what [as] is doing this year.

Eagleheart repeats. Yawn.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daxdiv

I say that the still of the Mayo jar from Wacky Delly was a pretty good joke. Can't say that Nick ever aired an episode of Rocko that was nothing but that. :P Probably would have been overkill if it aired more than half an hour. Still I did like how the block had episodes that related to AFD.

Avaitor

Wow, haven't updated this in a while. Well there isn't much to talk about or care about with the block or Nick's own live-action series, is there?

Recently though, the block's Facebook page has set up a countdown asking for fans to vote for their favorite show, and the winner was Legends. They're also going to air an episode of it this Saturday. I can always go for the temple run, so this will probably be the first time I watch this in months.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

I have been enjoying Sam and Cat so far, but I don't think I'd enjoy The Haunted Hathaways. Seriously, a white or Latin family being haunted by black ghosts? Isn't that vaguely racist? Not to mention a possible unintended pun in them being haunted by "spooks". Which I'm pretty certain was a racial slur back in the 50s....  :SHOCK:

Avaitor

I'm just disappointed that it has nothing to do with Anne.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

So why are they ghosts? I'm not sure how that can be explained without a quite morbid explanation.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Goldstar

Given that Haunted Hathaways is a kids' show, I'm guessing that the characters will just casually avoid the whole death thing as much as possible. We'll likely never learn what killed them. In once scene in one of the commercials for the show, the younger daughter says that she'd like to be ghost. I was waiting for someone to tell her "You know that you'd have to die first, right?"

Another question I have is if the ghosts are a single father and his 2 sons, then what happened to the mother? This is one time when the producers can't just say "She's dead.", since the dad and sons are ghosts who are by definition dead. Either she survived and moved on with her life, or she decided to pass on the next plane of existence. I'm guessing that the mother will just never be mentioned on the show.

And yeah, for every living Caucasian female in the house there's an equivalent, African-American male ghost; It's like a quasi-Brady Bunch except that half of them are dead. This premise is a tad questionable. For some reason, I feel like I should be offended by this. Haunted Hathaways is definitely one of those "I can't believe this actually got made" kind of deals. I have a feeling that Brad Jones might do a DVR Hell segment dedicated to this show in a couple of years.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Spark Of Spirit

Maybe the mother killed them all in their sleep and skipped town.

I know that's sick, but hey, without an explanation the audience has to put two and two together on their own. And there isn't one that isn't disturbing in some way.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

I just assume they all died from Hurricane Katrina.

Avaitor

Regarding Sam & Cat

But really, I saw the pilot of this show, and it was probably the laziest script I've seen from Schnedier. It also had the most obnoxious laugh track I've ever heard. I could handle iCarly and Victorious enough to find qualities in both of them, but either this is too much for me or I'm getting too old for this shit.

New blog!

Kiddington

lol

The problem with Schneider is, not even his older stuff holds up at this point. It's all catered to a very specific niche, and once you're out of that targeted age group, all of it just falls flat. I mean, watching shows like All That and The Amanda Show nowadays, I'm almost embarrassed to admit that there was a time that I liked this kind of stuff. It's just really bad TV.

Dr. Insomniac

It literally is just random food jokes and characters acting mentally challenged for the sake of it.