Nickelodeon's Live Action

Started by Commode, January 16, 2011, 01:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

Peanutbutter

Can't help but wonder about the timing of Butch Hartman's departure being a month or two before this happened. I don't think Butch is a possible pedophile, but I can't help being curious if he knew about Schneider and thought, "Ohh boy, TIME TO JUMP SHIP!!!"

Dr. Insomniac

I've always wondered what it would do to Nickelodeon if Dan was confirmed to be a pedophile. All the reports and investigations trying to discover just how a popular children's network kept a child rapist's deeds from being uncovered for decades. Sponsors leaving in droves due to the stigma attached. Parents reading it on the news and becoming deeply uncomfortable at the mere thought of their kids watching any Nick show.

Daikun

Quote from: Peanutbutter on March 27, 2018, 02:50:12 AMCan't help but wonder about the timing of Butch Hartman's departure being a month or two before this happened. I don't think Butch is a possible pedophile, but I can't help being curious if he knew about Schneider and thought, "Ohh boy, TIME TO JUMP SHIP!!!"

I doubt it. I think Butch left because he had nothing left to do at the network. His long-running baby Fairly OddParents was finally death-slotted at Nicktoons and Bunsen is a Beast only lasted one season. He had nothing left to offer to the network with all his shows in the gutter.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Daikun on March 27, 2018, 04:09:52 AM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on March 27, 2018, 02:50:12 AMCan't help but wonder about the timing of Butch Hartman's departure being a month or two before this happened. I don't think Butch is a possible pedophile, but I can't help being curious if he knew about Schneider and thought, "Ohh boy, TIME TO JUMP SHIP!!!"

I doubt it. I think Butch left because he had nothing left to do at the network. His long-running baby Fairly OddParents was finally death-slotted at Nicktoons and Bunsen is a Beast only lasted one season. He had nothing left to offer to the network with all his shows in the gutter.
It most likely stemmed from his frustration at Nick refusing his constant pitches for a Danny Phantom sequel.

Spark Of Spirit

It isn't as if Nick has a bad habit over dumping their creators over trivial things. Butch was just one of many.

Schneider is different. He has put out constant hits for decades now and has no reason to leave or get thrown out. That he is now is very suspicious timing, especially since Nick doesn't really have anything to replace him with.

If those rumors prove to be true, I don't think Nick will ever recover from it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 27, 2018, 12:28:04 PM

It isn't as if Nick has a bad habit over dumping their creators over trivial things. Butch was just one of many.

Schneider is different. He has put out constant hits for decades now and has no reason to leave or get thrown out. That he is now is very suspicious timing, especially since Nick doesn't really have anything to replace him with.

If a lot of rumors are true, I don't think that Hollywood will recover from it. This on top of Weinstein and the #MeToo stuff still going has left them pretty fragile.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 27, 2018, 12:28:04 PM

Yeah, Schneider has pretty much been a cornerstone of Nick's programming ever since as long as I had Nickelodeon as a channel. Considering how they also axed non Schneider shows recently & how they normally don't perform as well as Nick would like (Schneider shows are usually used as an anchor for them), along with how the recent Kid's Choice Awards doing poorly in the ratings.... I do wonder how hard of a hit Nick's live action department will take.

At least with Butch Hartman, I just assumed he was burned outed a bit from having to continue FOP, while seeing his other shows get shoved to the side because they don't perform Spongebob numbers. Especially after watching that video of his after he left Nick.

Avaitor

It looks like the second one was deleted.

If the rumors are true, good riddance. Hopefully he will never work with children again.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Starting to become a lot of fire among the smoke. By the way, the people behind that Open Secret movie, the one about pedophilia in Hollywood, just launched a hashtag against Nickelodeon to get them to disclose information about the disclosure agreements and settlements that might have made to Schneider or any other creeps working for them. Schneider and John K. are sadly not the only scumbags at Nick it turns out......

Spark Of Spirit

Nick is going down in flames. Amazing it took this long for any of this to come out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

They've had it coming for a long time, even before their rancid apathy towards their employees "activities" came out. You look at how Spongebob was always held up on a pedestal above all others at Nick, and you know there were plenty of people that were screwed over by Nick.

Dr. Insomniac

Even before all this came out, it wasn't looking good for Nick. Spongebob no longer gets several times the ratings of other Nick shows, and only does moderately better than the rest. All the comeback movies like Legends of the Hidden Temple and Hey Arnold implied they were in such dire straits that they were looking to nostalgia as a desperate plea to get back lost revenue.

Peanutbutter

Can't remember the year, I want to say '12 or '13, but yes it wasn't too long ago when Nick first lost it's top ratings among the kid networks. I remember one of the people in charge of Nick denied it and blamed Neilsen for a while. Just the fact that one of their heads was that stupid and unprofessional to make such a terrible excuse explains a lot about how shortsighted Nick is, and why it caught up to them.