Sonic The Hedgehog

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 16, 2011, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Episode 1 was definitely one of my biggest gaming disappointments. The same team that brought you Sonic Advance 1 can't even deliver basic Sonic physics and level design. Not to mention faux-retro music (Sunset Hill Act 3 was the only good theme) that sounds awful, plastic-y graphics that don't work, 4 zones (Couldn't even be bothered with 6 like Sonic 1 or 3) that are incredibly short, annoying bonus levels, and the homing attack has no place in the game.

Episode 2 was better, but it wasn't enough to make up for episode 1.

Now you can see why people enjoyed the Classic Sonic levels in Generations so much. THAT'S what they wanted from Sonic 4.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

I just can't bring myself to even try it at this point. After everything I've read, it just doesn't seem worth the time.

Too many other things to play that take precedent over Sonic at his worst.

Spark Of Spirit

Yoshi's Island Zone.

Now that's how you do DLC. (In summer we're apparently getting a Zelda zone)

I'm surprised they missed the obvious choice of a Mario themed zone... I wonder why?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Downloaded. Or at least, I *think* I downloaded it. Never got a confirmation screen.

Spark Of Spirit

I beat it and it's pretty trippy. Going through the loop at the end while the Yoshi Island music plays is so odd.

Now I want that Mario and Sonic platformer.

Nel_Annette

Picked up the game for the first time in... 2 months-ish? At any rate, made it to Frozen Factory, still think the level design is awful.

The Yoshi's Island thing was okay, was a bit disappointed that it was all in 2D though.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

King Hippo

Finished playing Sonic CD on the PSN.

It's amazing how much better than Japanese soundtrack is.

Spark Of Spirit

For some themes, sure. But some like Wacky Workbench and Tidal Tempest, I much prefer the NA versions.

Kiddington

Spark Of Spirit

Sonic Boom game announced

While the character designs do little for me, the fact that it is apparently being developed by ex-Naughty Dog guys for the Wii-U and the 3DS version is by Sanzaru does raise my curiosity.

I don't really know what to think, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out.

Foggle

As much as I detest Bangarang, that trailer was awesome! The game looks a lot like Jak & Daxter or Ratchet & Clank, which makes sense because it's by ex-Naughty Dog devs. And since the 3DS version is made by Sanzaru, I might actually have to end up getting both. I was excited for Colors and Generations, but this is the first time I've legitimately felt anticipation for a Sonic game since... ever.

Spark Of Spirit

The founder of Big Red Button was apparently the first employee ever hired at Naughty Dog and worked on every game up to the first Uncharted.

That raised my curiosity, especially after noticing how many Jak & Daxter similarities the trailer has with a Sonic twist.

Foggle

Excellent. Definitely a lot of J&D vibes in what little we could see of the general design. The aesthetic, meanwhile, reminds me very much of the PS3 R&C games. Also, Amy actually looks like a cool character for once, and I never expected to see a platformer running on CryEngine.

These are all very good things.