Sonic The Hedgehog

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 16, 2011, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is the greatest racing game of all time. I hate racing games (barely even enjoy Mario Kart anymore) but I still played it all the way through on Hard and again on Expert once it unlocked. It's a fucking masterpiece.

gunswordfist

I loved the demo! Giving the prequel a whirl. Pretty damn good. I do like racing games..well, at least Karts, Burnout and some Need For Speed but I do remember finding a lot of Mario Kart 64 to be fucking boring.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

I should actually check out the first one sometime, never tried it. The sequel is so good - I couldn't stop playing until I'd unlocked everything. Only other games I do that for are Ratchet & Clank and Yoko Taro games.

I loved Mario Kart and Need For Speed as a kid but I have trouble getting into them these days. MK8 is technically impressive and genuinely seems like an awesome kart racer but it didn't do much for me when I tried it. I thought the controls were much smoother in Sonic Transformed... it's the gold standard I judge all racing games by now.

I do need to give Burnout a whirl sometime. Micki! bought me Burnout Paradise like 5 years ago and shamefully I've still never tried it. :sweat:

Spark Of Spirit

Chemical Plant Zone confirmed!

Yes, best level in Sonic 2 confirmed. I know it was in Generations, but looking at this it looks waaaay different. If there's a second Sonic 2 level I'm hoping for Mystic Cave.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Here's what the vinyl soundtrack release will look like.

You can even hear the final version of Studiopolis Act 1 on the site.

So hyped for this game. Everything I've seen looks so good so far.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Vinyl should go up for preorder in the middle of the month, so keep an eye out over the next two weeks.

I want it on my shelf so bad.

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

I had that photobucket for 10 years, too. Oh well.

The Mania soundtrack sounds great so far.

gunswordfist

Wait, your entire photobucket died...was it from inactivity? I'm going to have to check my accounts.

Daikun

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 07, 2017, 07:00:37 PMWait, your entire photobucket died...was it from inactivity? I'm going to have to check my accounts.

No. Photo Bucket has deactivated image hosting for free accounts. You'll have to upgrade to a pro account if you want your images to be seen.

Or just move to a better service. PB has been garbage for years; I stopped using them about 5 years ago.

gunswordfist

I just googled about that. Extortion is starting to sound about right here. Jeez, didn't even notice. I just download pics from online and then upload them on Twitter since I'm on literally no other forums since this one right now

Spark Of Spirit

Nel_Annette

I was glued to that comic from 1993 to 2012. It was a massive part of my growing up, so it's definitely the end of an era for me. It's so heartwarming seeing all the nice comments the writers (not you, Ken), editors, and artists are getting.

Avaitor

Sonic was one of the first comics that I recall reading, and got me just as into the character as the games did. It's astonishing that the book lasted as long as it did, but obviously I wasn't the only one into them. And it's kind of weird to finally see it end, especially without a real explanation.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

New Sonic Forces trailer

Okay, this is the cringiest trailer since the Shadow the Hedgehog announcement. The music, the editing, the colors, and the story is basically every aesthetic I've hated from the series since Adventure 2. It's like they threw away all the good will they got with the more lighthearted tone of Unleashed, Colors, and Generations and decided another crack at 06 was a good idea. All while having three really jarring playstyles.

This game has an identity problem, like it's trying to appeal to classic fans, modern fans, and kids all at the same time. It feels like a grab bag. I honestly don't think Sonic Team knows what they're doing anymore.

I really think they need to ditch the boost gameplay and try something like Utopia in approach. Sonic Team has painted itself into a corner with this game.