Sonic The Hedgehog

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 16, 2011, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Sonic Mania Plus is the physical edition version that's being released this summer with extra content. It's going to be cheaper than a typical game so if you want a physical copy I suggest waiting for that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

Apparently the patch was released early on PS4 (it's down now) and added a bunch of things in the update. Key are tweaked level design including the third phase of the Metal Sonic boss fight, some of the special stages have been slightly altered, and the missing zone transitions were put in.

So they basically fixed the only real weak parts of Mania. Can't wait for its official release.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

I watched the new transitions. Pretty cool, though the Oil Ocean to Lava Reef one is really out there.

Daikun

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 28, 2018, 04:39:30 PM
Sonic Mania Plus is the physical edition version that's being released this summer with extra content. It's going to be cheaper than a typical game so if you want a physical copy I suggest waiting for that.
Gosh I'm so happy this is happening! I bought the PC version day 1 but I will absolutely double dip for a physical release of one of last year's best games. I'm also excited to get the Sega Genesis Classics collection coming out later this month, though the lack of Sonic 3 & Knuckles is a huge bummer. Hopefully it gets patched in later, but if not, I still have my PC version.

When my fiancee visited in March we came really close to finally finishing Sonic 06. We're near the end of Silver's story now and it's straight torture. That part where you have to roll the ball down the giant hallway filled with pits is nightmarish. :srs:

gunswordfist

I've settled into the digital only world for my PC but we'll see if this changes my mind. I need to recheck what the extra content is.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Daikun

Kiddington

Angel Island being added as a playable zone, even if for only one act, has got me extremely hype.

Two more weeks!

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

Plus pretty much fixed my only issues with the game. Encore mode is a nice addition, but I can't beat that last special stage. The freaking UFO gets too far away and I can't get enough rings to catch it. I like Mighty and Ray as new characters. Glad to see them back and they add a nice touch to the playable roster. Hope they stick around for future classic games.

Daikun

A new update to SMP breaks the game.

Quote"SEGA rushed to implement the newest Denuvo in the new update of Sonic Mania and did a poor job of it, causing many issues and game slowdowns for legit users," he informs TF while accusing SEGA of being "anti-consumer".

"This particular issue is that the game triggers Denuvo, but it doesn't close the trigger properly. Denuvo keeps writing and writing into the game's memory, causing additional stress to the game, which might be handled by a stronger CPU, but those who have a weaker CPU can experience massive slowdowns."

"One person even couldn't load the game. It stuck for him in the loading screen right before the menu, which is an anti-tamper trigger I've encountered while I was cracking the game, which did exactly the same thing as described. I don't know what is the reason to trigger for this person on a legit copy, but nothing can surprise me anymore," he says.

Daikun

Sonic Chaos is a fan game that will be available tomorrow.

Check out the sweet trailer.

EDIT: Get the demo now!

Nel_Annette

I really like it, though I did get lost a few times in Act 2 of the demo. That level design is a strange one. Never played the original enough to memorize level layout.