Sonic The Hedgehog

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 16, 2011, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Nel_Annette

If that happens, I'm done. And I'm one of the bigger Sonic fanboys you'll find around here. XD

Spark Of Spirit

That and the open world rumors I don't buy. Sega has to keep Sonic alive or they fold. Throwing away the new-found credibility and popularity would be a really bad idea.

Personally, if one rumor has to be true, I'd rather it be the Dimensions one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I already brought this up earlier. I'm mixed about it. Maybe Sonic needs to find himself again... but on the other hand, hasn't he already been getting his act together lately?

Foggle

wtf sonic skylanders

AWFUL idea.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on April 05, 2012, 03:24:41 PM
wtf sonic skylanders

AWFUL idea.

Doubt it'll be a clone. Just inspired by.

Though still, Sonic's doing well without this. Had they talked of a reboot 4 or 5 years ago, it'd make perfect sense. But since then we've gotten 4, Colors, Generations, and a glimpse of the next part of 4. Sonic's in a good position now. So it doesn't make sense, especially considering Sonic only just made his comeback.

Spark Of Spirit

Sonic is getting back on track. The new games just need to be put on Nintendo systems where they sell the most. That was the one hitch in Generations' sales. In fact, they should have put out a version of Generations with bonus levels out for the Wii-U launch. HUGE missed opportunity there.

Starting with the Wii-U, I'm 100% positive they'll all be put there from now on.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Gamespot just announced free 'lock on' DLC for Sonic 4 with playable Metal Sonic in Episode 1.

I'm trying to care, but unless it features fixed physics then I really don't care.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 04, 2012, 04:30:51 PMI actually think this port is why a lot of people like SA2 more than 1 since the GC version of 2 actually improved on the original they might figure the GC version of 1 did the same. It really, really didn't.

What I like better about SA2 is how it's polished and how it has a camera that can keep up with Sonic. :P

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've played both SA1 and SA2. I can say for certain that SA2 didn't do anything to fix the camera problems from 1, so I have no idea what you're talking about. That said, I found the camera complaints to be a bit over exaggerated in both games in general, as it didn't screw me up nearly as much as it did some other people, but I do remember from having played both games to death back when my DC was still up and running in fine condition that SA2 really didn't do much to fix the problems with SA1 (at least not the problems that I saw). Personally I prefer SA1 since on the DC I considered that to be the more polished game by far (though it still had its problems, obviously), and I liked how it had only half as many annoying treasure hunt missions to deal with (with SA2 you had the added in pain in the ass of having to play as Rouge, who's missions were somehow even worse than Knuckles's levels, IMO). Also, I'd rather play recycled levels with Tails racing with Sonic than be forced to play as Tails in a mech. That just never made sense to me.

Rynnec

The reason Tails was in a mech was because he wasn't even supposed to be playable until about halfway in the development cycle. And it definitely shows with completely pointless levels like Mission Street.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, Tails missions were clearly last minute. All of his stages play worse than Robotnik's and are pretty much all clearly shoehorned into the plot. And Eternal Engine is one of the worst stages to ever grace a Sonic game.

You can actually tell the original game was meant to be Sonic/Knuckles/Eggman due to how much better there stages are then Tails/Rouges' levels. (I think Shadow's stages were going to be Sonic's until they put in the light/dark story thing)

Rynnec

The early SA2 trailers had Sonic in what appears to be SKy Rail, so you're probably right. It would make sense to, seeing as how Shadow barely got any stages to himself IIRC.

Avaitor

I don't know why they'd reboot Sonic like this. Unlike Spyro, it's still been successful in the past 10 years without having to resort to selling little figurines to earn a profit.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Sega also doesn't have Activision money. All the promotion that went into cobbling together Skylanders cost a pretty penny, and as we all know, Sega's not exactly doing so hot right now. I think this would be a bit out of their range.