Sonic The Hedgehog

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 16, 2011, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 27, 2013, 02:28:57 PM
I can't see that working. Mario and Sonic's gameplay are quite different. They'd need Mario to somehow keep up with Sonic's speed.
Maybe they could put them both in mine carts that you control by tilting the controller.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on May 27, 2013, 03:05:42 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 27, 2013, 02:28:57 PM
I can't see that working. Mario and Sonic's gameplay are quite different. They'd need Mario to somehow keep up with Sonic's speed.
Maybe they could put them both in mine carts that you control by tilting the controller.

Don't ever say that again. I swear that if you do.....

gunswordfist

I've been wanting to ask that. I'm willing to bet that the best way would be to have Sonic and Mario have separate sections of levels. Maybe havevthem on the same screen for boss fights.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 27, 2013, 03:28:51 PM
I've been wanting to ask that. I'm willing to bet that the best way would be to have Sonic and Mario have separate sections of levels. Maybe havevthem on the same screen for boss fights.
There's a lot of things they could do. We're talking about the teams that made the Galaxy games and the Colors/Generations formula. If they really wanted to they could figure something out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

The debut trailer

I don't want to spoil it, but the gameplay looks amazing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Ah, so they are doing their own take on the Mario Galaxy/Ratchet & Clank circular worlds thing. Looks great; I could really get behind a game like this!

Eddy

It looks a lot like the canceled Saturn game Sonic Xtreme mixed with Super Mario Galaxy.

As for a Sonic/Mario platformer, it could work if they had Sonic travel through Mario themed worlds built around Sonic gameplay and Mario travel through Sonic themed worlds built around Mario gameplay.

Spark Of Spirit

Here's IGN's first preview

Two zone names seem to be "Wind Hill" and "Desert Ruins".

The Spindash appears to be back and the boost is gone.

QuoteAs mentioned, Sonic Team?s greatest challenge was maintaining a sense of speed for the series while finding controls that made sense. The result is now that, by default, Sonic doesn?t burst off with a tilt of the analog stick. He walks ? until you use one of the GamePad?s triggers to engage his running speed. This too is actually not full speed. Holding down the second trigger will pull Sonic into a ball, giving him access to his full momentum, which Iizuka likened to the ?Boost speed? from previous titles. By creating a tiered structure to movement, Sonic Team is hoping players will be able to navigate the wide range of level designs, exploring and running as necessary.

The wisps return from Colors as optional power-ups and there will be both 2D and 3D levels as well as some mix and matches.

Parkour explained:
QuoteThat?s also where the Parkour system comes into play. ?In previous 3D Sonic games, even if you're running through a level at top speed, if you hit an obstacle you stop instantly,? Iizuka explained. ?To avoid this, we added a new action to keep Sonic running, even when you hit an obstacle. To make sure it only happens when you want it to, it's triggered by the player holding the run button.? Like any game, automating actions brings a certain risk, but doing nothing means Sonic games continue to run into a brick wall ? literally in the case of gameplay.

The 3DS version is a standalone game.

So far, I'm pretty hyped. I hope this turns out as good as it looks!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It looks WAY better than the 3D Sonic gameplay in Generations, IMO. Looks can be deceiving, of course, but I'll hold out hope that Sega knows what they're doing with this one. At the very least, looking at the gameplay preview, it seems that Sonic Team fully realizes that there is more to good Sonic gameplay than just being fast. It looks like there is more actual player control incorporated into the game's input. In previous Sonic games, that could lead to horribly broken controls, but once again, the gameplay gives me a few hints as to how this might actually work out this time. That said, I'm still holding reservations so as not to be disappointed. I'm excited for this game, and I hope its as great as it looks, but I also won't keep my expectations unrealistically high, either.

Kiddington

:swoon:

That looks fantastic. Really loving the direction Sonic has gone in over the past couple of years.

Spark Of Spirit

Boxart:

http://www.sonicstadium.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/soniclostworld_wiiu.jpg

Also a description from Sega:

QuoteDr. Eggman has harnessed the power of six menacing creatures collectively known as the Deadly Six, but when the Deadly Six rise up against their master, Sonic has to unite with his arch nemesis in order to take on the new enemies head-on.  Using his dynamic new parkour moves and improved Color Powers, Sonic must run, jump and race through a variety of ever-changing terrains in order to defeat the Deadly Six.
It also has Off-TV play. Hype!

GaryPotter

Just got Sonic 4 Episode 1 on PSN.

These physics.

Why God why?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: GaryPotter on June 15, 2013, 08:16:26 AM
Just got Sonic 4 Episode 1 on PSN.

These physics.

Why God why?
I'm sorry you had to play it.

You should have skipped for episode 2. It's not great, but the physics at least work.

Spark Of Spirit

RUMOR: New Sonic cartoon incoming?

MLP:FiM writer Dave Polsky might be writing for it if this rumor is true.

Rynnec

It's also going to be more focused on comedy if it's true. I'm cool with that, long as it's more TMNT2012 than Ultimate Spiderman.