Why did you choose your Avatar and/or Signature?

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 18, 2011, 11:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow Gentleman

Avaitor

That man is playing Pokemon.

He thought we wouldn't notice, but we did.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

He's even playing one of the 2 best versions of the original Pokemon game: Fire Red/Leaf Green. :thumbup:

Kiddington

The Shadow Gentleman

The Shadow Gentleman

Goldstar

I chose my current avatar, which is FusionFall Dexter, simply because I like Dexter's FF design, and also because I basically am a big geek.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Silverstar

My current avatar is Kimiko Tohomiko from Xiaolin Showdown, one of my favorite characters from the past decade of cartoons. Ironically, I didn't care much for the show, but I liked that character. If I had been born female (and I wish I had been sometimes) I'd probably act and dress like her, which is why most of my avatars here are Kimiko avatars.

My current sig? Well, I just like numbers.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Kiddington

LumRanmaYasha

My avatar on this forum is "Kid," a character I used in various stop motion shorts and some comics I drew back when I was  in middle school.

Off topic a little bit, but on Toonzone my current avatar is a picture of Lum from Urusei Yatsura, with chibi forms of the other characters scattered around the picture. It's my avatar there mainly because Urusei Yatsura really won me over as I kept reading through the series and is currently my fourth favorite manga. When I finished reading it, I changed my avatar (which used to be a picture of Patrick and Majin Buu to go along with my now outdated signature about being sad there was no Kai adaption of the Buu saga) to a picture including most of the main characters of Urusei Yatsura as a celebration and tribute to how much I enjoyed the series. I should really watch more of the anime one of these days, as Beautiful Dreamer was a fantastic movie (1 & 3 being only okay, but still enjoyable) and the Inaba ova was a really good adaption of the source material.

My signature on this forum, about enjoying Drawn Together, is basically a reference to the fact that most people hate Drawn Together with a passion and the few fans it has also seem to like trashy shows and be quite irritating (although, 99% of fanbases are anyway). I like Drawn Together, even though it's got it's flaws, and don't feel personally that it deserves the amount of hate it gets nor the sorts of defenses I see it get. I like it for what it does right and because I enjoy it's sense of humor most of the time. Since most people have blind hatred or love for shows like this, as someone in the middle, I consider myself in the rational minority among mostly irrational opinions concerning this show. That's basically it.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rynnec on December 31, 2012, 06:19:31 PM
At least they're slowly redeeming themselves with Metal Gear Rising and greenlighting ZOE 3.

Now they just have to make a proper Bomberman game and a XBLA 2D HD Castlevania and they'll be forgiven.
FIXED.

I came here to see what Kiddington's sig is about. A few pages to go!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Lord Dalek

TheEclecticDude

My avatar is Zetsubou Sensei from, well, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

One of my favorite Shaft anime series

Daikun

My avatar is some parody art of Protect and Survive, a series of British PSAs on how to prepare for a nuclear fallout. It's kinda like Duck and Cover, although it's slightly less moronic. (Cover yourself with newspapers? Seriously?) You can watch them here.

My signature is from a stupid-ass commercial promoting a useless product.

Avaitor

Love the new sig, Foggle! Totally make it twerk.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/