Why did you choose your Avatar and/or Signature?

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 18, 2011, 11:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micki!

A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I was thinking of using a KLK image for my avatar or signature, but decided not to since everyone else is doing it and I'm no poser. So instead I switched to a Yabuki Joe avatar because he's still possibly the greatest manga character ever conceived, and switched my sig to the Ninja Gaiden arcade game continue screen because: A) I love Ninja Gaiden, so I don't need more reason than that, and B) If I were to have another reason, it's that it's the greatest continue screen ever put into a video game.

Lord Il

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on February 18, 2014, 05:55:09 PM
I was thinking of using a KLK image for my avatar or signature, but decided not to since everyone else is doing it and I'm no poser.
Aww.. c'mon, all the cool kids are doing it. ;)
-----------------

@Cartoon X: That has to be the most damn adorable Kill la Kill gif I've seen to date. :thumbup:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Lord Il on February 18, 2014, 06:06:35 PMAww.. c'mon, all the cool kids are doing it. ;)

Yes, but by being different just for the sake of it I get to be the pretentiously uptight goth kid compared to all of you guys who are just conformist douches. That's a much more appealing position. :>

Lord Il

^ROFL!!!
THAT just made my day. :il_hahaha:
---------------

hmm... *looks down at sig* I don't think I'll change out Black Gold Saw just yet. Thought about it, but... naw... She looks too good down there..
And Yoko is still trying to get that banner straightened out. :e_wink:
The avatar.... might change firstly before anything else.

gunswordfist

Ok, after my short lived phase of only having my favorite RPG character as a pic, I decided to really Guyver things up after listening to my favorite track from the show, Welcome To Hell, Guyver, which I'm listening to right now and it's in my sig. I looked up Guyver 3 pics on deviantart which are in my avatar and the beautiful painting to the left of my sig. Guyver 3 is around my 4th favorite Dark Hero character and probably the most underrated character Steven Blum has voiced. Guyver 1 is to the right and is my favorite Spider-Man-like (personality wise) Japanese superhero.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Guess which show I just saw a little of again~
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

The Ranting Swede was always hilarious.  :thumbup:

Most everything in Sheep was, really.

LumRanmaYasha

Well, Kill la Kill is over and it's been over a month since Beautiful Dreamer's 30th anniversary, so now I can finally do what I've been meaning to do since the beginning of the month. With the releases of the anime and manga this month, it's never been a more exciting time to be a Ranma 1/2 fan, and I've been rewatching a lot of episodes lately and re-kindling my love for the series. It's only natural that I celebrate it's re-releases by changing up my avatar and sig. And what better avatar can there be than this absolutely glorious fanart of Shampoo?

And of course, my signature is a gif from the iconic first opening of the series. Ya-pa-pa!  :D

No-Personality

Quote from: Avaitor on March 26, 2014, 09:40:11 PMGuess which show I just saw a little of again~
My DVD-Aficionado screenname was taken from Big City:

Angry-Scientist

Does anyone else still use that site? I've heard other people prefer Invelos / DVD-Profiler, but I think they expect to be paid and I just spent $85 on more DVD's. (YAY! I had MONEY this week!) I won't even invest in upgrading my status on Letterboxd when I have 140 followers (which might be a savvy thing to do since I love the site). I just never seem to have $20 laying around that isn't earmarked.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

gunswordfist

Weeks ago, I saw a sprite that looked like Knuckle and said, "Hey...that looks like Knuckle!" so I favorited it. And then weeks later, I actually clicked on it and saw that it was in fact Knuckle because the whole thing showed multiple HXH characters while the preview only had a closeup of Knuckle's face..man, did I feel stupid. Yesterday, I believe, I found a Yusuke sprite on the same site (pixeljoint.com) I saw the Guyver sprite around the same time I saw the HXH sprite sheet. I was just going to pick a few characters from the lineup but the image is the entire sprite sheet and actually not just a bunch of HXH characters individually put together.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I put in a youtube link to music I've heard in the latest episode of HXH that I've seen.

gunswordfist

And I added a youtube link for Guyver's Next Episode theme. Probably the best episode preview music ever.

LumRanmaYasha

Hunter X Hunter is coming back. I am very pleased about this.

gunswordfist

Daxdiv

As much as it pains me to get rid of DJ Meowth,  Avril Lavigne's newest video about her weeabo phase has me in stitches, and this dancer was adorable!