Why did you choose your Avatar and/or Signature?

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 18, 2011, 11:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Lord Il

Rynnec, your current Touhou siggy is giving me instant diabetes.  ;D
Just thought you should know that.

Carry on..

:il_hahaha:

Rynnec

Why thank you. :blush:

I figured it was about time I added a sig here.

LumRanmaYasha

I wasn't planning on getting rid of my Stardust Crusaders sig until the anime took it's mid-season break, but that scene in the new Assassination Classroom chapter just amused me so much that I decided to change it early.  :D

LumRanmaYasha

Oh my god ShadowGentleman, I love, LOVE, your new sig! Props!  :thumbup:  ;D

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Next time on JoJo Hakusho....

That totally needs to be a thing, now.

Dr. Insomniac

Jojo Hakusho is the plot to Part 4, after all.

LumRanmaYasha

It's such a missed opportunity they never had a crossover between them. Both YYH and Diamond is Unbreakable were running in Jump at the same time, after all.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Cartoon X on August 21, 2014, 08:15:21 PM
Oh my god ShadowGentleman, I love, LOVE, your new sig! Props!  :thumbup:  ;D

Thanks!

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on August 21, 2014, 08:38:20 PM
Next time on JoJo Hakusho....

That totally needs to be a thing, now.

I bet you'll love Part 4 then.

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 21, 2014, 08:48:16 PM

Except the main character is chiller and instead of tournaments they fight Japanese serial killer David Bowie.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: The Shadow Gentleman on August 21, 2014, 09:06:59 PM

Except the main character is chiller and instead of tournaments they fight Japanese serial killer David Bowie.

I would say that the dynamic between Josuke and Okuyasu is similar to that between Yusuke and Kuwabara, though.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Cartoon X on August 21, 2014, 09:09:50 PM
Quote from: The Shadow Gentleman on August 21, 2014, 09:06:59 PM

I would say that the dynamic between Josuke and Okuyasu is similar to that between Yusuke and Kuwabara, though.

True, though I admit Kuwabara is the one character from YYH I prefer over his "counterpart" in DiU. They're all still great, though.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

As I go through Dr. Slump, I also feel the need to re-read Dragon Ball, and this has re-sparked my interest in the series yet again. This is by far my 2nd favorite manga in Jump, and in general it still stands among the top of its genre. I feel sorry for those who have only managed to known this series through the crappy Toei anime of DBZ. It's just a much richer property than that, and only the first anime adaptation does it any justice, and even then, I'd still say that the manga is the best way to experience the series to truly understand what makes it so special. I decided to therefore take my sig image straight from the manga, and I picked one featuring all of the original characters from the first every story arc in the series, just because I'm sentimental about origins and all of that stuff.

As for my avatar, well I don't plan on getting rid of Joe Yabuki anytime soon, but I did find a picture of him that I liked better than the one which I was using, so I just made the replacement.