Why did you choose your Avatar and/or Signature?

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 18, 2011, 11:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

HBO needs to get off their fucking high horse and make their shows easier to watch already. Let it stream on Netflix already.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Since I got Spelunky and Doom on the same day, I thought I'd have my avatar be a drawing of Doomguy that the creator of Spelunky, Derek Yu, did a few years ago. I was also thinking that it goes well with my sig. ;D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

Daxdiv

Cause, why not? Rumble McSkirmish as he appeared on the arcade cabinet.

Kiddington

Kiddington

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Remember when I wrote a massive piece about that episode on the old board?

And since we're on the 20th anniversary, I felt the need to change to something more appropriate. This shot of Tom comes from "Yankee Doodle Mouse"
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

SSJ Jake

I chose Dolan because it's my current favorite meme. It's so fucking stupid it's clever. Reminds me of my days as a spammer.

As for my sig, I've had this since I signed up. I thought this was one of the funniest parts of The Little Mermaid. I would change it now to another animated GIF, but GIFsoup is being a dick and won't send me a new password. :(

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

Commode

I don't think I've explained my user customizations in a while. 

My current sig is a successful cat, because we all know about the cat memes on the Internet.  The song lyric in my sig is from Green Day's "Having a Blast", the second song on their major label debut Dookie.

"Provider of cable television" is a the definition of the word dishwalla, a name I currently go by on at least one other board atm. 

My avatar is my namesake, Michael Comeau, from the Scott Pilgrim graphic novel series.  He's a go to for Scott when he wants info on people in Toronto(particularly Ramona Flowers).  One of my previous user titles was "He knows everyone, including you!", which is how he is described in the series.

And "Nice Buick" is a reference to Rocko's Modern Life, specifically the episode when Heffer moves in with Rocko and decides to start a nudist colony in his backyard; at one point the camera pans across the yard and a naked moose lying on the ground, at which point a car comes crashing down from the sky obscuring the view of the moose whilst an onlooker exclaims "nice Buick".  My former quote, "Do not ride the bomb", was a reference to the season five Simpsons episode "Homer the Vigilante", in a scene showing Homer riding a bomb in a fantasy out of an airplane towards Springfield(in a parody of Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb), which is interrupted by Herman pointing to a sign that says the phrase.

Whew.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on October 27, 2012, 11:27:51 PM
Aww yeahhh.

I saw you posted in this thread and was worried you changed your icon.

I could never imagine Foggle with a different icon. That one is iconic. :P

Foggle

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on October 28, 2012, 12:34:28 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 28, 2012, 12:00:01 AM
I could never imagine Foggle with a different icon. That one is iconic. :P
:happytime:

I thought it was clever. Glad you got it. :thumbup: Dammit, I wish I intended to do that.

Avaitor

It's that time of the year again.

Well, it has been for a little while, but here's Jack!

New blog!