Zaslav Ruins Everything

Started by Daikun, October 22, 2016, 05:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Bewkes was a moron, so that's one piece of good news from this at least. If the next person at least understands that cooperation between branches of a media company are NOT a bad thing, that will automatically put them in a much better chance at succeeding than him.

Daikun

AT&T has acquired the remaining shares of Otter Media and will merge it into WarnerMedia. Now Crunchyroll, Fullscreen, VRV, and more will be part of the WarnerMedia family.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/att-now-owns-crunchyroll-fullscreen-more

Daikun

Daikun

Teewhy

I guess this means HBO Max is a major bust. Absolutely insane.

Dr. Insomniac

Companies just love playing hot potato with WB.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 22, 2021, 11:28:05 PM
Why do companies like treating WB like a hot potato anyway? I know they have properties that people recognize, but what else do people see in them?

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Daxdiv on May 23, 2021, 07:45:00 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 22, 2021, 11:28:05 PM
Why do companies like treating WB like a hot potato anyway? I know they have properties that people recognize, but what else do people see in them?
The chance to be another Disney. What AT&T and these other companies don't seem to understand is Disney spent decades making their brands cohesive with each other. Think of all the crossovers like Kingdom Hearts, House of Mouse, and their Disney Princess shit. While turning all of WB's franchises into one brand's a rarer approach for them, and one they've been struggling to achieve.

Commode

AT&T is simply one of the most mismanaged conglomerates on the planet that time and time again gets too big for its britches and buys things without knowing what in the Sam Hill they are going to do with it.  WB is just a casualty in this, it's nothing wrong with WB themselves that studio is still very valuable.  Nor is it really an issue with HBO Max, it has the library to support itself, though the cost is arguably too high sure.  AT&T is just that bad of a company.

See also Directv, which was a powerhouse in providing pay television prior to AT&T buying them and doing absolutely zero with them despite knowing that cutting the cable cord is and was an increasing movement over the last decade.  They were trying to sell of Directv for a fraction of the price they paid for them in 2015 late last year/early this year, don't remember the numbers but it was embarrassing.  AT&T is just a grossly incompetent company run by morons that have absolutely no idea what they are doing or any insight to the way things will be in the future.  You can't trust anything they buy or acquire to be successful.  It's a shame really.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Daikun

Avaitor

So they bought one of Hollywood's most significant studios, didn't profit from it how they wanted, and leave it behind by cutting numerous jobs and adding little of value to either company.

What a wash of a merger.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

It would be funny if it weren't for all the showrunners or directors who hastily had to end or change projects against their will just to suit a futile effort.

Lord Dalek

AT&T's still eating the financial losses created by Justice League and Wonder Woman 1984. Of course HBO Max wasn't going to help in the long run.