Deadpool: The Animated Series!

Started by Foggle, May 10, 2017, 12:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Well if nothing else, we're not done with Deadpool in media anytime soon, or as the article states, even with Reynolds as Deadpool.

I'm slightly worried about the sequel, because I feel like a lot of sequels nowadays end up doubling down on problematic material and repeating past successes without adding anything new to the table. Like with Kingsmen 2, for instance. Although I could very well be proven wrong here. Reynolds' love and devotion to the character gives me hope, and I have enjoyed what we've seen of it so far.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Don't we have John Wick's director on Deadpool 2? I could be wrong but I don't think we have nothing to worry about.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

We have one of the two directors from John Wick. Chad Stahelski went on to solo direct John Wick Chapter 2 which is arguably as good as the original. David Leitch (who is directing Deadpool 2) went on to solo direct last year's Atomic Blonde, which I haven't seen myself, but it got decent critical reception (however, it was rather lukewarm compared to the kind of praise garnered by John Wick and its sequel).

That said, I'm still interested in Deadpool 2, but cautiously so.

Foggle

Atomic Blonde is great fun. It's a bit weaker than the John Wick films but that comes down more to the writing than the directing. Action scenes and soundtrack were on point. Deadpool 2 looks fantastic to me.