What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Black and yellow. Black and yellow. Black and yellow. Ahhmmhmm. Ahhmmhmm. Anyway, I just finished episode 40 of Stardust Crusaders. I actually was surprised to see D'Arby's brother here, even though I did hear about him. I'm liking Kaykoin a bit more with this episode. He's easily my least favorite main protagonist this season.

Edit: Also, those dolls were creepy. :whuh:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

I also watched Fist Of The Northstar episode 75 last night.

Dr. Insomniac

How do the two shows compare?

gunswordfist

Apparently the main character is the same guy in both shows. :sly:

Dr. Insomniac

I have no idea what you're talking about.

gunswordfist

Yes, totally apples and oranges. My bad.

Dr. Insomniac

If it helps, Araki's art shifts away from looking like Fist of the North Star around Part IV.

gunswordfist

That's bad news for me. :'( *drops show*

Seriously, I like how Jotaro's smarter and cooler than Kenshiro, yet Kenshiro has more personality and heart, imo. The differences makes me not get sick of either one of them.

gunswordfist

I've been loving anime more over the last two years than I have in 7 or so years. I've never kept up with this many ongoing anime nor looked forward to as much anime as I am now.  ;D

LumRanmaYasha

Same. I think I've seen three times as many series in the last two years than I've ever done since I started watching anime back in '05. Though, my manga rate is even more exponential. I think I'll be keeping up with over 100 currently running manga by the end of this summer.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Cartoon X on May 06, 2015, 11:36:41 AM
Same. I think I've seen three times as many series in the last two years than I've ever done since I started watching anime back in '05. Though, my manga rate is even more exponential. I think I'll be keeping up with over 100 currently running manga by the end of this summer.
I'm not surprised. :blush:

This is a pretty good time to be an anime fan. I need to actually start a few other series though, like Rage of Bahamut and BBB. :D

gunswordfist

Heh, I thought about if D'Arby was listening to his button clicks too.

LumRanmaYasha

Crayon Shin-chan: The Adult Empire Strikes Back is one of the best anime movies ever. Seriously. Fantastic concept, excellent direction and animation, great humor, a friggin' epic car chase scene, tense drama, and all of it on top of a smart and poignant story about family, nostalgia, and living life. Phenomenal film. Even if you know nothing about Shin-chan and don't have interest in the series itself, I strongly recommend watching this movie. As far as anime franchise films go, and even anime films in general, this is among the cream of the crop.

gunswordfist

Heh, of course the The Adult Empire Strikes Back is Shin-chan with a name like that. Title sounds like something South Park would use.

The Shadow Gentleman