What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Hmm, the animation looks decent even though it's (mostly?) CG.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

VLordGTZ

My guess is that it's going to be like Legend of Arslan, where it's mostly 2D with occasional CG.

gunswordfist

Finished episode 2 of Red Jacket Lupin. Looks like Zenigata is Interpol now.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

:D
Finished episode 3 yesterday. Fujiko has a decent singing voice. Oh and I'm glad 5 years was enough to cure her of Aunt hair.

VLordGTZ

The Mob Psycho 100 anime will premiere in July!

Alongside Orange, Berserk, and Food Wars 2, it looks like the summer season won't be too dull this year.  :)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just finished watching ERASED. Personally I thought it was fine, but most people are understabdably underwhelmed by it. I still enjoyed this series on the whole. It helps that the director was a former assistant and protege of Mamoru Hosoda, and while his past work dealt with less than stellar material, his style really shines when given a good story and characters to work with.

Later on I'll see if there are other works by the original mangaka that are available for me to check out.

VLordGTZ

Well, Ito directed Silver Spoon which I thought was a great anime adaption.  But yeah, the series he's directed besides SS and ERASED haven't had good source materials or writers. 

I haven't seen much of ERASED yet, so I'll probably marathon through the remainder of it this weekend if I have time. 

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's fun to see how two popular anime YouTubers that I follow have such wildly different feelings on the series.

Digibro avidly hates it, and while he does bring up some legitimate criticisms, he also makes mountains out of molehills by stressing really nit-picky points and generally saying that it fails to work as a mystery story when the mystery was clearly downplayed and not at all the focus of the story. He also admits that he is biased against A-1 Pictures.

Mother's Basement, however, has praised the series with two analytical videos on some of its most interesting scenes.

What was awkward was when DB called out MB on those videos and basically tried to discredit him, which was really awkward, despite DB trying his best to be nice about it.

gunswordfist

I'm glad Mother's Basement is still quality. :)

I was thinking the the same. The show is really more about the characters than the mystery. Who the killer is is worthy of complaining but I got over that fast because of what I just mentioned. Also, that reveal scene was still great.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'd argue that the anime intentionally made the reveal so obvious through so much foreshadowing to emphasize that it wasn't a story about the mystery.

gunswordfist

I assumed that it was a "so obvious that this HAS to be just trying to through me off" type of situation. :D

Watched episode 11
Spoiler
:o at the OP change. This was legit the first time I watched all of it due to me avoiding any semblance of a spoiler but had to after seeing Satoru missing.

Serial killers usually do start out on animals.

It was great seeing the main 3 kid friends as adults. I've been waiting for that. ;D

I wonder what that asshole Yashiro has planned. He obviously knew/expected Satoru would get better.
[close]

VLordGTZ

Crunchyroll is planning to stream the new Berserk anime this summer.

There's also a new key visual:
Spoiler
[close]

This reminds me that I should get back to reading Berserk at some point.  :sweat:

VLordGTZ