What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Quote from: Foggle on October 06, 2017, 08:20:41 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on October 06, 2017, 08:17:26 PM
Quote from: Lord Dalek"Rynnec's Favorite Show Fall 2017 Edition"

Dies, Kotonoha, or Urahara?  ??? ??? ???
Wake Up, Girls!

:whuh: :wth:

Only Dalek could fail to know my interests after all these years.

VLordGTZ

I just watched the premiere of BBB & Beyond, and damn does it feel good to have this show back!  It seems like they will be jumping around story-wise this season since this first ep was an adaption of the first chapter of Back 2 Back, while next week is a story from volume 8 of the original manga.  In any case, I'm definitely looking forward to more BBB!

gunswordfist

Damn, modern Bones animated an entire chapter into one episode?
I still need to give BBB another try. It wasn't bad just damn confusing.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I suggest watching the dub first. It's easier to keep track of that way. Once you wrap your head around it, it's a fun ride.

I'm going to guess there's an ongoing plot in Back 2 Back which is what they're using to frame this season around. Smart idea since there's more than enough material to do an otherwise straight adaption.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

gunswordfist

Thank you, adblock. I will try the dub, Spark!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

VLordGTZ

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 08, 2017, 03:50:45 PM
Damn, modern Bones animated an entire chapter into one episode?
I still need to give BBB another try. It wasn't bad just damn confusing.

Well, Back 2 Back is a quarterly manga so the chapters tend to be pretty long.  Chapter 1 of B2B was around 75 pages, iirc.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 08, 2017, 08:13:15 PM
I suggest watching the dub first. It's easier to keep track of that way. Once you wrap your head around it, it's a fun ride.

I'm going to guess there's an ongoing plot in Back 2 Back which is what they're using to frame this season around. Smart idea since there's more than enough material to do an otherwise straight adaption.

As as far as I know, Back 2 Back has been pretty episodic so far.  I know volume 10 of the original manga is plot-focused, so my guess is that they'll do various chapters from both the original and B2B, and then end the season with the volume 10 material.

Painted Outlaw

Dr. Insomniac

Painted Outlaw

Yeah..., I think this is one of those times I'm happier being unaware of the typical seasonal garbage. J-Just why?!

Painted Outlaw

Been watching Gundam Seed recently, I think I'm on episode 28? Due to the HD Remaster cutting out eps 14 and 26, the numbering on this' kinda weird so I'm just gonna use the title and say the last one was "Kira".
I suppose so far, the best I can say on the show itself is that it's okay. It does feel like Mobile Suit rebooted except "Ooh, this time, we have Flay and she's loco!" but I suppose I haven't been bored at the very least. That probably sounds like a terrible summation but, it's the best I can do right now given the characters don't really have that much to them either. I mean, say what you will about the UC shows but, at least I can point to characters like Mineva and say: "From an early age, she was led by Haman Karn to be a new leader of the Zeon Empire. While this likely bestowed her with some diplomatic knowledge.. as Char can vouch, it was not a way that her childhood should've been run".

For Seed so far, I got:
Kira's eh to fair when he's not giving bad Soichiro Hoshi cries.
Kira's buddies are eh.
Athrun's eh.
Athrun's buddies are eh.
Lacus' had almost zero screentime, so, who?
Cagalli, I think's the character I wanted all during Turn A; someone to kick the show in the butt and, get it to start moving.
Flay needs to be kicked out an airlock.
Mu La Flaga's likely gonna die, he's too cool for this show.
Creuset's fine but he's no Char.
Murrue and Natarle are okay. Mitsuishi's trying her darndest to sell Murrue's character, that I'll praise.

Lord Dalek

Seed is basically 40 episodes of meh with a scattering of good here and there.

Seed Destiny is 49 episodes of horrible with like one or two moments of borderline not horrible.

Spark Of Spirit

I watched the first two episodes of Garo: Vanishing Line and was quite impressed by the animation and execution. Very fun series if you're looking for an action show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

While I haven't gotten my hands on Drifters or Garo just yet (not feeling Drifters price at Amazon at the moment), but I have gotten back into One Piece.

Just in case, spoilers

Spoiler
I recall giving up on the series around the 2 year skip, and Luffy not being able to recognize his crew (mind you, at that time I was salty about the Whitebeard war, Ace's death, and a long flashback. I've always hated One Piece's drawn out flashbacks) just made me lose all interest.
[close]

Yeah, I've tried to dabble back into it here and there (with no Bleach or Naruto anymore, and I'm not liking the direction Hajime no Ippo is going) but I was completely lost and, well, lost interest until now. Right now I'm watching the fight between Luffy and Crocodile. I forgot how much of a boss Crocodile was. I'm buying dvd's until I'm caught up I guess.

I'm also getting back into Hunter x Hunter. Not much to say here at the moment until I get the dvd's. I think the last I recall of this show is Gon vs Hisoka where Gon was learning Nin or something like that. That was the original version. I haven't seen anything regarding the new version.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yes, good old "Nin" is exactly what Gon was learning. That just made my day. :sly:

One Piece got really good again last year. Knowing your general taste, just skip the Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, and Dressrossa arcs and go straight to Zou. You're not the only one who had issues with post time-skip One Piece, and I can say that a lot of that material almost burned me out from the series as well. Thankfully Oda seems to have found his footing with the series again, and instead of dicking around, Luffy and crew are finally going up against the Yonkou that were being built up for an eternity (the four pirate emperors, which includes Shanks and formerly Whitebeard, just in case you forgot who they were).