90s Playhouse Disney

Started by FoxKidsLover16, April 04, 2018, 07:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxKidsLover16

I'm probably not going to get much replies for this, but who remembers 90s Playhouse Disney (Even before it got that name)? Some of the shows they aired (at one point were)

Adventures in Wonderland (Early Elementary Schoolers)
Amazing Animals (Early Elementary Schoolers)
Bear in the Big Blue House (Preschoolers)
Jungle Cubs (All ages and very preschool friendly)
Katie and Orbie (Preschoolers)
The Little Mermaid (Older Kids, though appealed to little girls)
Madeline (Preschoolers)
Mickey's Mouse Tracks (Classic Shorts) (I would say Older Kids)
The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (All ages and very preschool friendly)
Out of the Box (Preschoolers)
PB&J Otter (I would say Early Elementary Schoolers)
Rolie Polie Olie (Preschoolers)

Did you enjoy this block?

Dr. Insomniac

I liked some of these shows as a kid. Bear in the Big Blue House in particular.

FoxKidsLover16

Bear in the Big Blue House is legimitely awesome. Probably one of my favorite 90s shows in general. It's such a sweet and sincere show and it's not mean or anything.

It's a shame that Katie and Orbie is forgotten. I really related to that show. There was an episode where Katie didn't like that she got some paint on her picture when she didn't want it on there. I can relate to that, since i've freaked out over small things before

Avaitor

I used to watch some of these when we got our semi-annual Disney Channel previews, but by the time we got the channel on a regular basis, I was a little too old for the block. If I was home sick, though, I might have snuck some Bear in the Big Blue House in. Even now, it still seems like a nice little show.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

FoxKidsLover16

Quote from: Avaitor on April 05, 2018, 01:34:59 PM
I used to watch some of these when we got our semi-annual Disney Channel previews, but by the time we got the channel on a regular basis, I was a little too old for the block. If I was home sick, though, I might have snuck some Bear in the Big Blue House in. Even now, it still seems like a nice little show.
Just wondering, which shows did you watch on there? Did you ever manage to watch the forgotten ones like Adventures in Wonderland, Jungle Cubs, and Katie and Orbie?

Avaitor

Quote from: BearandTutter18 on April 05, 2018, 04:22:17 PM
Just wondering, which shows did you watch on there? Did you ever manage to watch the forgotten ones like Adventures in Wonderland, Jungle Cubs, and Katie and Orbie?
I remember really liking Adventures in Wonderland and Welcome to Pooh Corner. Those were typically highlights of our preview weeks, and I'd gladly skip Nick for them. I did watch a little bit of Jungle Cubs when it was on ABC I think, but I don't remember as much about it. And I'm not very familiar with Katie and Orbie. The name sounds kind of familiar, but that's about it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

FoxKidsLover16

I remember really liking Adventures in Wonderland and Welcome to Pooh Corner. Those were typically highlights of our preview weeks, and I'd gladly skip Nick for them. I did watch a little bit of Jungle Cubs when it was on ABC I think, but I don't remember as much about it. And I'm not very familiar with Katie and Orbie. The name sounds kind of familiar, but that's about it.
What about Madeline, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Mickey's Mouse Tracks, Amazing Animals, and The Little Mermaid? Granted, those ones aren't forgotten (Except maybe Amazing Animals), but those did air on the block back then (Though Madeline started in 1997). Did you watch those shows personally?

Avaitor

I did watch New Adventures of Pooh. Always been a fan of the characters. I might've watched a little bit of Madeline with my sister, but that was more her thing than mine. Same with The Little Mermaid. The film was never a big favorite of mine, so I didn't care too much for the show, but I have clearer memories of watching that show. And I don't think that I've seen Mickey Mouse Works by itself, but I've seen a lot of those shorts as a part of House of Mouse. Not familiar with the others you named.

New blog!

FoxKidsLover16

Quote from: Avaitor on April 05, 2018, 05:43:19 PM
I did watch New Adventures of Pooh. Always been a fan of the characters. I might've watched a little bit of Madeline with my sister, but that was more her thing than mine. Same with The Little Mermaid. The film was never a big favorite of mine, so I didn't care too much for the show, but I have clearer memories of watching that show. And I don't think that I've seen Mickey Mouse Works by itself, but I've seen a lot of those shorts as a part of House of Mouse. Not familiar with the others you named.
What I was talking about was Mickey's Mouse Tracks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlm6driYQDU. It aired when Disney was a premium network. Airing from 1992 - 2000 on The Disney Channel. There was also a show called Donald's Quack Attack. Mouse Tracks aired during the Playhouse Disney block for a while until July 1999

Avaitor

Quote from: BearandTutter18 on April 05, 2018, 05:50:33 PM
What I was talking about was Mickey's Mouse Tracks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlm6driYQDU. It aired when Disney was a premium network. Airing from 1992 - 2000 on The Disney Channel. There was also a show called Donald's Quack Attack. Mouse Tracks aired during the Playhouse Disney block for a while until July 1999
Oh! Was this a block of classic Disney shorts? Because this does look very familiar to me. I definitely remember watching some of these when we got the channel.

I think they may have occasionally also cut bits from their movies onto here? I strongly remember seeing the scene in the park with the beaver from Lady and the Tramp being aired in between Mickey shorts at one point.

New blog!

FoxKidsLover16

Oh! Was this a block of classic Disney shorts? Because this does look very familiar to me. I definitely remember watching some of these when we got the channel.

I think they may have occasionally also cut bits from their movies onto here? I strongly remember seeing the scene in the park with the beaver from Lady and the Tramp being aired in between Mickey shorts at one point.
Yes, it was a 30 minute block of Classic Disney Shorts, along with Donald's Quack Attack, which also aired during the Playhouse Disney block (Before it got that name) for a time as well