Young Justice

Started by Avaitor, January 26, 2011, 08:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Quote from: GregX on July 12, 2014, 09:47:46 AM
Tell me about it. I've been debunking this right and left. At best, it's irresponsible reporting, at worst it's douchetastic click bait.

AND THEY'RE STILL GOING ON ABOUT IT EVEN NOW!!!!  :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn:

Silverstar

Quote from: The Shadow Gentleman on February 22, 2015, 09:41:47 PM
I found an animator's insight into YJ. Very thought provoking.

Spoiler
I work on a show that everyone hates except the 6-11 demographic that it does really well with. Which means that all the shit I read about it on tumblr and twitter is actually just a vocal minority who isn't even in the intended demo because they must be 16-22 years of age. And even better. It's always good news to hear that the show I work on does well internationally. Which means kids in the 6-11 love it all over the world. So maybe I might be making some kid in Europe or India etc smile and laugh. And that sure as hell is more important than some jaded 19 year old millennial stoner with social anxiety who hides behind a computer or mobile device all day and night and complains about how their life sucks because a corporate kids (kids! Kids!)network isn't delivering the type of content they want to see.

Which reminds me of the time I bumped into this older dood in his late 30's. We got to talking and he found out I worked on uncle grandpa. Then he told me he thought the show was lame. then he asked me why they had to cancel young justice. And I just told him ratings.

But more importantly in the back of my head I thought about how absurd it was that a grown adult male was watching shit made for 11 year olds. And that these fanboy motherfuckers need to grow the fuck up. As if young justice has more substance than a slice of pizza with shades. It's all the same shit. Fucking teenagers dressing up in costumes taking the law into their own hands and fighting a one dimensional good vs. Bad fight.

Shit mang. I write shit in my eps with more depth and satire but people are too confused by slapstick and surrealism (because cartoons should be just like real life!!!) to pick up on it.

In summary. People are idiots.
[close]

This is just about every conversation I've ever had on Toon Zone.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

GregX

Quote from: Silverstar on February 23, 2015, 07:47:23 AM
Quote from: The Shadow Gentleman on February 22, 2015, 09:41:47 PM
I found an animator's insight into YJ. Very thought provoking.

Spoiler
I work on a show that everyone hates except the 6-11 demographic that it does really well with. Which means that all the shit I read about it on tumblr and twitter is actually just a vocal minority who isn't even in the intended demo because they must be 16-22 years of age. And even better. It's always good news to hear that the show I work on does well internationally. Which means kids in the 6-11 love it all over the world. So maybe I might be making some kid in Europe or India etc smile and laugh. And that sure as hell is more important than some jaded 19 year old millennial stoner with social anxiety who hides behind a computer or mobile device all day and night and complains about how their life sucks because a corporate kids (kids! Kids!)network isn't delivering the type of content they want to see.

Which reminds me of the time I bumped into this older dood in his late 30's. We got to talking and he found out I worked on uncle grandpa. Then he told me he thought the show was lame. then he asked me why they had to cancel young justice. And I just told him ratings.

But more importantly in the back of my head I thought about how absurd it was that a grown adult male was watching shit made for 11 year olds. And that these fanboy motherfuckers need to grow the fuck up. As if young justice has more substance than a slice of pizza with shades. It's all the same shit. Fucking teenagers dressing up in costumes taking the law into their own hands and fighting a one dimensional good vs. Bad fight.

Shit mang. I write shit in my eps with more depth and satire but people are too confused by slapstick and surrealism (because cartoons should be just like real life!!!) to pick up on it.

In summary. People are idiots.
[close]

This is just about every conversation I've ever had on Toon Zone.

This is pure animation age ghetto. I'm glad I'm no longer a part of ToonZone.

Peanutbutter

After two years, Young Justice is FINALLY on Netflix in its entirety with its second season! You know what that means? Tell 'em Megan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBQcLBzbiq0

gunswordfist

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:!!!!!!!!! YAH-TAH!!!! I thought you'd be up in here with great news like that. Should I watch the first season again?  :thinkin: Probably will!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

Watching from the first season this weekend. A minor but mind-blowing detail about the show, apparently Peter McNichol not only played Professor Ivo, but also Amazo! I had honestly though Dee Bradley Baker did the android.

Peanutbutter

Forgot to say a few days ago, but Weisman said there's a good chance for the show coming back if it does very well on Netflix! If enough people binge watch YJ and pick up the Blu-Rays and buy off of iTunes there's at least some hope.

gunswordfist

:SHOCK: I'll be sure to actually get around to that.

Peanutbutter

So if you've been looking around the Web about YJ, you might have heard rumors about Netflix checking the views for it, and possibly looking into doing a season of the show with WB. Probably just typical zealous fan dreams, right? Well, you'd actually be wrong because someone actually contacted their Customer Service and the lady on the other line CONFIRMED IT. ::O

https://imgur.com/z8WkYdQ

gunswordfist

YJ being renewed on Netflix would be better for me since I have no cable. :drool:

Spark Of Spirit

Season 3 is being made.

I . . . can't believe it. A Greg Weisman show has been given a third season.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Rebels got a third season.

But this isn't the Weisman show that I wanted to see a new season of.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I don't think Witch will be getting a third season any time soon.

A third season of this show can only help it. The problem with the first two seasons was in the pacing and scope. If they can focus on a smaller cast and a more manageable story then it will probably work out fine. I would hope they learn from their mistakes and focus on what people liked (action, humor, and character development) as opposed to what didn't.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

WOOOOHOOOO!!!

GregX, if you're out there and you see this, do a new blog post STAT!!

gunswordfist

I am pretty excited. Hopefully it'll be at least as good as season 1.