Jellystone

Started by Daikun, October 29, 2019, 06:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

C.H. Greenblatt has a new series coming to HBO Max!

https://thegww.com/a-comprehensive-guide-to-hbo-max-original-content

QuoteJellystone

Premiere Date: TBA.

Director(s): TBA.

Writer(s): C.H. Greenblatt (creator).

Starring: TBA.

Synopsis: The animated series welcomes you to the town of Jellystone – a charming place where your favorite Hanna-Barbera characters live, work and play together...but, at the same time, can't help but stir up trouble for one another. The animated series will include classic characters such as Yogi Bear, Boo-Boo, Augie Doggie, Doggie Daddy, Ruff, Yakky Doodle, Shag Rugg, Jabberjaw, El Kabong, Top Cat, Captain Caveman, Cindy Bear, Mildew Wolf, Pixie and Dixie and Mr. Jinks, Peter Potamus, Snagglepuss, Magilla Gorilla and more.

Daikun

Daikun

Avaitor

The animation isn't very high quality, but to be fair, neither were the original cartoons.

This is still looking pretty fun! I'll definitely check it out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

I wasn't expecting girl Jabberjaw.

Daikun

This series is excellent! After WB's endless iterations of Scooby and T&J and almost nothing else, this show is the refreshing breath of fresh air Hanna-Barbera fans have needed for decades.
If you have an HBO Max account, go check this out.

Daxdiv

I've only watched 3 episodes so far & this series is pretty good.

Dr. Insomniac

First few episodes were a pleasant surprise. Augie Doggie and her dad are the standouts so far.

LumRanmaYasha

This show is an absolute delight! Love all the reimaginings of the characters and am surprised at some of the obscure pulls they included. Augie Doggy and Doggy Daddy are adorably funny, such a great idea to update their original dynamic to make Doggy Daddy a protective helicopter parent of his coddled daughter. I also appreciate them making Cindy a real character - she steals the show away from Yogi at times. But I love Top Cat's crew and episodes the most. The episode where they had a turf war with the Heyyy, It's the King gang of all characters was just full of great jokes. I also think it's funny that Peter Potamus is a total weeb in this show. XD

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Its going to be on Cartoon Network, not just HBO Go? Nice!!

Daikun

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Have only watched a couple episodes, but I've loved it so far. Despite the Chowder style, it feels like what Hanna-Barbara would be in the modern era which is no small feat.

Avaitor

I finally got around to watching this, and I kind of like it? Not love, honestly, because it's a little loud, and I struggle to get into that kind of show as I get older. I honestly would have preferred something closer to Harvey Beaks than Chowder.

But I mostly like how Greenblatt et al handle the HB characters, even if they take more liberties with some characters rather than others. Some choices don't entirely make sense, like making Yogi and the bears medical professionals, but I really like Huck as the mayor and Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy's co-dependent relationship.

I'll probably watch the next batch when it airs, or maybe it'll be like Looney Tunes Cartoons where I'm still very behind.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/