Full Metal Panic!

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 28, 2010, 07:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I've been reading the light novels over the past couple of days, and what do you know, I won a bid on eBay for the first 3 series on Blu. Now I find the Invisible Victory collector's edition on Funi's site for around the same price as that haul, and I'm seriously fighting the urge to hit it up. I need to be good with my money.

But boy, do I have the desire to watch the whole thing all over again. And I'm still hoping that we'll get one more series some day soon.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I need to get the official releases at some point. I remember back when reading fan translations was my only option, but I really enjoyed the LNs. And I too have been tempted buy the physical releases of both that and the BRs, but I've decided to slow down on physical media as much as possible since last year due to my limited amount of storage space in my small apartment.

Still, hearing you bring it up gives me the itch for a re-watch myself. Still a personal favorite of mine.

Avaitor

You could buy the LNs as eBooks if you'd like. It's honestly cheaper that way vs the physical edition, although I just greatly prefer reading from a book, and really like the quality of the hardcover. They're also releasing the books digitally first, as they just released the sixth earlier this month, and the physical editions, which do 3 at a time, are taking much slower to come out. Amazon doesn't have the next one coming out until January, and that's the place that has any confirmation of it even coming out.

Space is becoming an issue for me, though. The other reason I'm holding off on IV for now is just how big the set is. It looks mighty nice, but I need to get rid of stuff, not buy more.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, I'm definitely with you there. I have such an overabundance of stuff that I have had to hold back on buying more. I actually sold off more than half of my comic books last year for that very reason and have only collected them digitally since then. I also prefer physical media, but I just don't have the ergonomic space for it in my current living quarters.

I definitely want to re-read FMP someday, especially with the benefit of an official translation, but I'm into so many different series right now that it'll probably have to wait awhile.

I'm eager to hear your thoughts on the post-anime books when you get there, though. Some really great stuff goes down in the finale.