What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 22, 2011, 04:41:21 PM
Shadows of the Damned is everything I wanted and more. Let me list all the things I love about it so far:
An entire level devoted to Evil Dead references.
Steve Blum's Spanish accent.
Johnson. Just Johnson.
It's basically Resident Evil 4 combined with No More Heroes.
The music is awesome.
The load screens are great.
The boss battles kick ass.
Some of the chase scenes are actually kind of scary.
All the voice acting in general is just sublime.
The Legend of Stinky Crow is the funniest thing I have ever seen in a video game. I laughed so hard... you have to see this for yourself.
More Jay Blum in video games? I am playing Bulletstorm right now. He has so many corny lines in this game
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 22, 2011, 05:06:27 PM
More Jay Blum in video games?
He's in F.E.A.R. 3 as well, I think. Or someone who sounds like him, at least...

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 22, 2011, 05:29:02 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 22, 2011, 05:06:27 PM
More Jay Blum in video games?
He's in F.E.A.R. 3 as well, I think. Or someone who sounds like him, at least...
Time to sell my house. Gotta get everything he's in

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I tried to download the Sonic Generations demo (as well as the DNF demo) and then found out that you are required to have an XBOX Live Gold Membership subscription in order to even download the demos for those titles (if you own an XBOX360 that is). FUCK YOU MICROSOFT!

Seriously, seeing as how I can only ever afford one console per generation, and assuming I'll even be able to ever afford another console again, I'm switching back to Nintendo the first chance that I get. The only reason I even stuck with Microsoft in the first place was because NG2 was going to release as an exclusive to that system, but now Itagaki has left Tecmo and Team Ninja made the series multiplatform now anyways (and in this case its even coming to Nintendo), and hell, even if they didn't I still wouldn't care because right now they don't seem to know what they want to do with the series anymore.

Spark Of Spirit

You have to wait a week if you don't have a gold membership.

Yes, it's retarded as hell.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Desensitized on June 23, 2011, 07:32:18 PM

Its supposed to be a week after the demo releases, but even then sometimes the dumbass staff at Microsoft still forgets to update it for non-subscribed members. Take the demo for the Bionic Commando reboot, for example. When I originally tried to download it, it gave me that message about it only being available for gold members and that it would be available for everyone else a little later, and to try back in a few days. I did, and it gave me the same message. Then I tried 3 MONTHS later and it STILL gave me the same message. So yeah, I'm not expecting any better service with these demos. So, like I said, fuck Microsoft.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on June 23, 2011, 07:32:18 PM

HA! Activating Gold last week paid off. And it was a gift.

I just beat a crazy ass giant plant boss on Bulletstorm. Very well animated, I must say

Spark Of Spirit

I'm playing Dead To Rights Retribution, and it's pretty good despite me never playing a Dead To Rights game before.

My only issue is when guys run up to you and disarm you for a fist fight despite other enemies firing on you. It could do with a bit of balance between fighting and shooting segments but otherwise it's fun.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on June 24, 2011, 07:25:50 PM
I'm playing Dead To Rights Retribution, and it's pretty good despite me never playing a Dead To Rights game before.

My only issue is when guys run up to you and disarm you for a fist fight despite other enemies firing on you. It could do with a bit of balance between fighting and shooting segments but otherwise it's fun.
That game's good?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 24, 2011, 07:37:38 PM
Quote from: Desensitized on June 24, 2011, 07:25:50 PM

That game's good?
I'm enjoying it. Some enemies take way too many bullets to go down, though. This might be one of those "the game is better on easy because enemies' HP isn't annoyingly inflated" types of games. I'm playing on normal right now and some enemies just take too many hits.

The shooting is pretty satisfying and the combat is interesting once you adapt to it, also the dog makes a good sidekick, but I wish the game wasn't so finicky on when he can take an enemy down, it makes it hard to plan.

gunswordfist

Foggle

Shadows of the Damned is getting to be a bit too much for me. This game really would have benefited from a PC version, IMO, since I'm fucking terrible at aiming using the analog stick and there's no aim assist. It's a real hassle for me to kill the bosses and mini-bosses since I find it difficult to hit the smallish weak spots on enemies who are constantly running around and/or attacking me. I started playing on PC because I have no skill shooting with a controller in the first place. :(

Another thing I don't like: one of the mini-boss types late in the game spams a move that - if you get caught in it - you have to pass a QTE or it means instant death. Not really fun.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Its all a matter of getting used to the control scheme, IMO. Since I don't have a good PC to play games on, I'm so used to playing FPS games on consoles that using the analogue sticks to aim practically comes naturally to me, now.

Foggle

Yeah, it was that way for me until I found out that the PC version of Halo was the only one with online multiplayer. After two straight years of playing that and three more of playing Counter-Strike (my friends and I used to play online together a TON back then), I got so used to mouse aiming that I was never able to get back my skills with the analog sticks. :(

Spark Of Spirit

The game has dual analog aiming and has no aim assist? That's insane. Not a single modern gamer will be able to crack it!  :P

No seriously, that's crazy.