What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Try playing it on Normal this time. Some parts are hellish, but you'll feel really good when you beat them. :joy:

There's no way I could have gotten the True Lover ending playing honestly. I truly believe that life ends at marriage, among other things. The game is really rigged to make you want Vincent to end up with Katherine, though... especially when you factor in the fucking stupid late-game plot twist and the fact that half of the Chaos choices are just plain idiotic.

Daxdiv

Yeah, I was kind of thrown into a loop about some questions leaning towards Law as well. To be honest, most of the questions about social behavior I do fall in line with. Whatever, it doesn't even really matter what you answer to any question outside of the final day as long as your karma meter is high in one area and how you answer the final 3 questions, you can get whatever ending suits you. I looked at the requirements of the True Freedom ending, and from the looks of it, I might have to try to find a perfect balance.

I do agree that this game does beat you upside the head with that you have to marry Katherine as well. It's kind of like what Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride pulled. In it, you're allowed to marry a woman out of 2 or 3 choices, depending on what version of the game you're playing. One of them happens to be a childhood friend, and the game obviously hammers the idea that you should marry her. For if you fucking don't you're pretty much in a crapsack world, your friend is a crappy job, and you get a sucky party member. Hell, the DS remake made the new girl such a bitch in the first place to make sure you didn't marry her.

Spark Of Spirit

Anybody here play the DS Spiderman games by Griptonite (Web Of Shadows and Shattered Dimensions)?

I just finished up playing the latter, and it as a really fun little game, if a little too short. Combat system was pretty awesome, and truly felt like Spiderman. No 'Ultimate Spiderman' in this version, but Josh Keaton is the voice of normal Spidey, so it's all good.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

ToonFaithful

Creating a pro, joining an online club on Fifa Soccer 11.

Kiddington

Quote from: Desensitized on August 01, 2011, 02:12:06 AM
Anybody here play the DS Spiderman games by Griptonite (Web Of Shadows and Shattered Dimensions)?

I just finished up playing the latter, and it as a really fun little game, if a little too short. Combat system was pretty awesome, and truly felt like Spiderman. No 'Ultimate Spiderman' in this version, but Josh Keaton is the voice of normal Spidey, so it's all good.
Target had Shattered Dimensions on sale for about $25 a few days ago. I came this close to buying it, but ultimately didn't 'cause I didn't know much of anything about it (yeah, I'm out of the loop).

So... you'd say it's worth buying? This was the DS version, by the way.

Spark Of Spirit

If you like Metroidvania and action games, then yes it is worth it. Especially for the combat system.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

I had the strongest urge to replay Dragon Quest 8 today and I didn't regret playing it. It's still as fun as ever. I still like the story and the voice acting does hold up well from how I remembered it being in High School.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on July 25, 2011, 11:55:48 PM
With the releases of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Project 2027, Hard Reset, and E.Y.E. nearly upon us, I feel it is time for me to begin my journey through the history of cyberpunk video games in honor of the bonanza that is about to unfold. As of right now, this expedition shall include:

Snatcher
Cyber-Lip
Shadowrun (SNES)
Shadowrun (Genesis)
Policenauts
BioForge
Hybrid Heaven
System Shock 2
Perfect Dark
Deus Ex
Fear Effect
Fear Effect 2
Anachronox
Oni

If there's time:
SiN Episode 1: Emergence (I really like this game, but its cyberpunk influences are barely there)
Deus Ex: Invisible War (it's not a terrible game, but it's certainly a mediocre one)
Beneath A Steel Sky

Anyone have any recommendations for games that I might have missed? Mods are acceptable too. Also, I'm curious as to which Shadowrun game people prefer and why, so any comments regarding that would be great!
Thoughts on this?

Foggle

Fucking awesome! I kept meaning to buy that game, but I never did. Will have to pick it up one of these days...

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on July 30, 2011, 10:29:38 PM
Try playing it on Normal this time. Some parts are hellish, but you'll feel really good when you beat them. :joy:

There's no way I could have gotten the True Lover ending playing honestly. I truly believe that life ends at marriage, among other things. The game is really rigged to make you want Vincent to end up with Katherine, though... especially when you factor in the fucking stupid late-game plot twist and the fact that half of the Chaos choices are just plain idiotic.
It's getting deep up in here.  :blush:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

Dark Cloud

While rifling through my PS2 collection earlier, I decided to go with something I haven't touched in a long time... and this is what I came up with. I used to like this game ages ago, but it's been a while since I played it last. We'll see how it holds up, I guess.

gunswordfist

Almost forgot to mention this, a few weeks ago I got the only indie game I've ever brought: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-JQx3gD9oM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Finally got Thief: The Dark Project working properly on my computer. Game is fucking amazing, and holds up really well. Despite being one of the first stealth action titles, this game does sneaking damn near perfectly. Story and level design are also superb, and Garrett is just as awesome as in the sequels. A++ experience.

ToonFaithful

Bought Grand Theft Auto IV today. Made it through probably half of the campaign. Beginning was slow, and now the story is boring. Things will start picking up because GTA is from Rockstar Studios, they know what they're doing. Will buy the Lost and the Damned/Ballad of Gay Tony DLC later on when I have Microsoft Points. Right now is strictly campaign and until I connect to XBL, multiplayer.

Foggle

Gay Tony is better than the main game. Might want to skip Lost and the Damned, though; it's rather uninteresting.