What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Well, hopefully if they go back to the multiple characters, they go back to the way they played in Sonic 3 & Knuckles as completely separate characters with different moves for different paths instead of giving them completely different genres to play in. Something like how they did with Tails in Speed Highway in Adventure 1 where he mainly building hopped instead of running around like Sonic. I could do without the racing, though.

Here's hoping for some DLC at least!  ;D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Welp, back to beating Bare Knuckle 3 for me. On Cave Story, I didn't save Curly right because I unknowingly left her ass for dead so I'm going to have to start over.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Sonic Generations has some extremely frustrating challenges in the latter half of the game, but yeah, it's pretty easy overall.

The final boss is horrible. I just pretend the game ends after Egg Dragoon whenever I decide to play through all the stages. Seriously, there are so many things wrong with it...

It's either laughably easy or downright impossible depending on how the game decides to load ring placement.
All the Sonic Friends scream repetitive shit at you constantly.
It's just poorly designed in general, and not satisfying at all. Does not play to the strengths of the franchise or this particular game.

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 05, 2012, 08:53:47 PM
On Cave Story, I didn't save Curly right because I unknowingly left her ass for dead so I'm going to have to start over.
Did you save Paul in Deus Ex? Anyone who doesn't is scum. So's anyone who doesn't get the Good Soul achievement in Human Revolution (being vague here to avoid spoilers since this one is new).

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just beat the game. God that final boss fight was terrible! I mean on the whole the game is still awesome, but wow, what a disappointing final battle. The main problem for me was that it just made no fucking sense. It took me well over an hour to beat the boss, and I'm not even sure what the fuck I did right, so actually defeating him wasn't satisfying at all. On the try that I did beat him on, It took me 16 minutes to beat him, with 12 of those 16 minutes being spent just trying to get that final hit on him before finishing him off, because he kept spamming that stupid-ass slow-down time move which kept letting him get far ahead of me making it nearly impossible for me to even get close to him let alone actually make contact with his core to damage him. I REALLY don't think I'm ever going to bother with this boss fight again. I got a B rank on it for the record, and quite frankly I don't care enough about achievements to go for that S rank, so the Time Eater can just go fuck itself for all I care.

I actually found that the Egg Dragoon boss fight made for a much more satisfying final boss fight if it were the last boss. It was just challenging enough to feel like the boss was actually some sort of threat to you if you weren't careful, and defeating him was actually satisfying and felt completely fair for the most part.

gunswordfist

I thought you had no choic but to save Paul? I didn't get that far in the game. I haven't got past the part where JC gets captured.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 06, 2012, 12:33:21 AM
I actually found that the Egg Dragoon boss fight made for a much more satisfying final boss fight if it were the last boss. It was just challenging enough to feel like the boss was actually some sort of threat to you if you weren't careful, and defeating him was actually satisfying and felt completely fair for the most part.
Definitely. It was a great fight.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 05, 2012, 06:39:22 PM
Anyways, on a side note I downloaded and played the Rayman Origins demo. I thought it was great. That's definitely one of the next games I plan on getting. It'll be good to have 2 great platformers among my personal gaming library for the XBOX360, and from what I hear the game has great replay value, much like Sonic Generations, so that should also keep me busy for a while.
http://www.destructoid.com/toys-r-us-has-rayman-origins-for-20-with-free-shipping-219182.phtml

gunswordfist

About an hour ago, I was running through Bare Knuckle 3's levels without losing a single continue. The game is so easy and that says a lot since I'm not that good on a keyboard. Well unlike cheapass Neo Mr. X that is. I lost ALL of my continues and ultimately lives on him. My run-straight-after-him-and-beat-the-crap-out-of-him strategy didn't go too well. Also, I was trying to figure out how to add more time to the bomb counter. Supposedly, Shiva comes out and tries to stop you.

Well I guess I'm just going to try to beat Streets Of Rage Remake next. I plan on making my own level after that.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 06, 2012, 12:33:21 AM
I just beat the game. God that final boss fight was terrible! I mean on the whole the game is still awesome, but wow, what a disappointing final battle. The main problem for me was that it just made no fucking sense. It took me well over an hour to beat the boss, and I'm not even sure what the fuck I did right, so actually defeating him wasn't satisfying at all. On the try that I did beat him on, It took me 16 minutes to beat him, with 12 of those 16 minutes being spent just trying to get that final hit on him before finishing him off, because he kept spamming that stupid-ass slow-down time move which kept letting him get far ahead of me making it nearly impossible for me to even get close to him let alone actually make contact with his core to damage him. I REALLY don't think I'm ever going to bother with this boss fight again. I got a B rank on it for the record, and quite frankly I don't care enough about achievements to go for that S rank, so the Time Eater can just go fuck itself for all I care.

Yeah, the final boss is just awful. I'm not sure what happened there, but compared to how great Colors final boss is, it was a tremendous letdown. It still manages to beat Unleashed's final boss for not having 354 forms and having cheap deaths everywhere.

Egg Dragoon was really cool. It was like Unleashed-style chase bosses only without all the annoying cheap hits all over. Actually, it's a shame the final boss is so bad, because every other boss in the game is pretty cool. They even made me not dislike Silver, which is pretty weird to think about.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Generations final boss is a mess. It's like it was trying to update S3&K's final boss, except they made it needlessly confusing.  Not only does it take you forever to actually catch up to them, you're not even guaranteed to land a hit if you do, made worse by the fact that you can easilly mess the groups of rings scattered about. The music was pretty meh too.

gunswordfist

Last night, I got to the Shiva boss on Bare Knuckle III. I let the General die on purpose to do it. On Streets Of Rage 3, the one time I got to that Stage, I don't think I even got past the first screen. I believe that was the first time I got to level 7 on either path. Anyway, good to see Shiva with a talking part and harder than ever. I didn't last long because I lost two continues too many making too many mistakes before I got to him.

gunswordfist

gunswordfist

As of 11:16 PM, I have the Spur in Cave Story. Damn good weapon that I've been meaning to get.

gunswordfist

Whoa, the clock room chest actually opened for me and I got the Nikumaru Counter. I wonder if that means I actually got there in under 3 hours. Not completely sure what the hell this is though.

gunswordfist

I got to Hell on Cave Story for the first time in the last hour...this place has been kicking my ass. I'm taking a break.

gunswordfist

I'm playing Metroid Fusion right now and I'm trying to get back to where I was in the game years ago (still at the beginning right now) and...uh yeah, the bosses in this game are lame. The only thing lacking. They have everything else done right.