What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I can live with that, but...."I never thought about being a father, I'm touched," is where I draw the line.

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on April 09, 2012, 06:33:03 PM
Quote from: Ensatsu-kenAlso, I'd like to point out that NG3 bastardizes Ryu's character just as much as DMC2 does for Dante, and if anything that's a harder feat to accomplish for NG3 seeing as how Ryu has absolutely no character to begin with, so to make people go from feeling indifferent towards him to thinking he's an absolute douche-bag really takes a lot of bad writing that nobody can do on purpose.

"Hello Canna. My name is Ryu. That means dragon." :sly:
So what does he say he in the Japanese version? "Ryu means ryu?" :wth:

Rynnec

Quote from: Foggle on April 09, 2012, 08:59:10 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on April 09, 2012, 06:33:03 PM
Quote from: Ensatsu-kenAlso, I'd like to point out that NG3 bastardizes Ryu's character just as much as DMC2 does for Dante, and if anything that's a harder feat to accomplish for NG3 seeing as how Ryu has absolutely no character to begin with, so to make people go from feeling indifferent towards him to thinking he's an absolute douche-bag really takes a lot of bad writing that nobody can do on purpose.

"Hello Canna. My name is Ryu. That means dragon." :sly:
So what does he say he in the Japanese version? "Ryu means ryu?" :wth:

Not sure (no one's uploaded the game with Japanese audio yet). In fact, I'm not sure how anyone explains the meaning of their Japanese names in the Japanese language. That's always puzzled me tbh.

Spark Of Spirit

"I'm the real Mima!"

... I hate Perfect Blue.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Okay, the music sucks and Dante still looks way too much like Tam Tam, but honestly... This trailer is pretty fucking great. DmC is officially on my radar.

Rynnec

Just saw that. Despite the fact that we got the displeasure of seeing Donte buck naked, that whole cutscene wouldn't feel too out of place in a normal Devil May Cry game. As long as the rest of the games story is as campy as that trailer was, then I'll be able to tolerate it.

Foggle

If it was classic Dante, I wouldn't mind seeing him naked.

I think Ninja Theory is finally catching on to the fact that DMC fans want humor and camp, not darkness and angst. And the gameplay looks pretty sweet, though the lack of 60 FPS definitely stings. As long as the next game in the series is DMC 5, I'll certainly be able to accept this one as a prequel to the prequel.

Rynnec

This game is actually supposed to be set in a paralell universe now. So it basically started out as a reboot, then they changed their minds and said it was a prequel, then they went back to it being a reboot, then back to being a prequel, then it all went back and forth until they finally settled on an AU.

Foggle

Sounds like a true DMC 5 by Capcom is inevitable, then!

Foggle

I'm going to be playing DMC 3 very soon, and I have a question... should I turn on Turbo Mode? Never done it before, but I've heard mixed opinions on it. Does anyone here feel that it makes the game play better or worse and why?

Rynnec

I turned on Turbo mode after a few missions and it helped me ease into the game better. I'm not exactly sure why though, I guess everything just felt more natural to me or something.

Foggle

So you'd say that it makes the game more fun? Excellent. I'm eager to try it out, then!

Also, I finally caved and bought the PC version of DMC 4. Can't wait to play Legendary Dark Knight difficulty. 30 scarecrows on screen at once... sheeeeiiiiiittttt, man.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on April 09, 2012, 09:21:23 PM
Okay, the music sucks and Dante still looks way too much like Tam Tam, but honestly... This trailer is pretty fucking great. DmC is officially on my radar.
Dammit, I'm not an editor!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

While doing my weekly GoodWill and thrift store browsing, I found a bunch of used Gamecube games at GW. Among a handful of sports games, I found Robotech: Battlecry, which I've always wanted to try out. Since I finally got around to watching Macross not that long ago and it was only $3, I decided to hit it up.

I'm still on my SMAS kick, but once I finish 3, I'll hook my Wii back up to plow through it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Rynnec

I remember renting that game back in '05. I only completed about 3 missions, but it the game was pretty fun from what I remember. Hope you enjoy it.