What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 18, 2011, 10:53:33 PM
I'm currently on Chapter 5-1, where I just entered the island. The boss fight with Salazar at the end of Chapter 4 went a lot easier than I expected, because I decided to finally use up my Rocket Launcher since it wasn't really worth the space in my inventory, and then I discovered how overpowered it was since it killed Salazar in just 1 hit. I still kept a separate save slot for right before that fight so that I can do the boss fight properly sometime later on, since I feel obliged to do all boss fights the way that you're meant to on my first run through the game. For the time being, though, I just decided to keep moving on since I had already progressed to the next area of the game (and, plus, its not as if I used any cheats or anything, since I did rightfully find the rocket launcher within the contexts of the game, so I don't feel that guilty about using it to get past the fight).

You could've taken him anyway. Other then one dangerous attack, if I remember correctly, he's no harder than the "right hand". You know, the monster who looked like it came from an Alien movie? :P

Still, it's good that you're gonna fight him anyway. Cause it's a pretty cool fight.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Heh, The Regenerators ended up make me burn through a lot of ammo before I got the heat-sensor scope for my rifle.

Also, I fully upgraded my Red 9, including the exclusive upgrade, so now its one over-powered motherfucker. :thumbup:

talonmalon333

Ensatsu-ken, you beaten RE4 yet?

In other news... Skyward Sword. It's awesome, guys. In every way so far.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on November 25, 2011, 11:03:38 AM
I bet, dude. Can't wait to play it, though that probably won't be for quite some time.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on November 25, 2011, 11:32:42 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on November 25, 2011, 11:03:38 AM
I bet, dude. Can't wait to play it, though that probably won't be for quite some time.

As far as beginnings go, it's been great. Blows away Twilight Princess' slow paced beginning, and Wind Waker's facepalm-worthy dungeons.

How come you have to wait?

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on November 25, 2011, 12:16:33 PM
How come you have to wait?
I spent all of my disposable cash pre-ordering other games long before they came out (I'm talking back in December/January). I didn't know that Skyward Sword was actually coming out this year at that time, or I would have cancelled something else (probably Alice) in favor of it.

Also, I don't have my Wii with me in my dorm, so I'd have to wait to play it regardless.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

At least you'll get to play it. I don't even on a Wii. Also, I STILL have yet to play Twilight Princess for that matter, so I'm REALLY behind on my 3D Zelda gaming.

Daxdiv

I think Skyward Sword is going on my Christmas list. I already said to myself that the only game I plan to buy for myself during December would be Mario Kart 7 and whatever game catches my interest on Steam's Christmas Sale.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 25, 2011, 03:31:46 PM
At least you'll get to play it. I don't even on a Wii. Also, I STILL have yet to play Twilight Princess for that matter, so I'm REALLY behind on my 3D Zelda gaming.
I have a Wii and I haven't played Twilight Princess either. ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, I don't have a GC either, so I don't even have the option to play it, period. :P

I think my local Gamestop had used GC consoles for only $30-$35 if I remember correctly. The last time I stopped there was about 3 months ago and it was still there, so maybe if they still have GC consoles going for that price I can pick one up and then pick up a used copy of Twilight Princess. It'd be worth it for a 3D Zelda game, but even so I still need to save up for a Wii since I really want to play Skyward Sword as well someday.

Oh, yeah, as for Resident Evil 4: no, I haven't finished it yet. I haven't played at all during Thanksgiving break, yet, because I was spending time with my family for the past 2 days and my X360 is still packed up right now. Perhaps later tonight after I get some studying done I'll hook it up and resume playing the game again.

Pharass

I recently bought Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii and have started playing it. Haven't gotten that far into the game yet, but so far I enjoy it; the game-world is huge and even at the beginning of the game, there's a lot to see and do. I'll probably write more in-depth about it once I've progressed a bit further into the game's storyline.

Incidentally, my brother bought Skyward Sword about the same time, haven't played it yet myself, but it looks fun.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Spark Of Spirit

I acquired Shinobi 3DS as an early Christmas present, and I'm loving it. I got a game over in the first freaking stage, it's so hard even on normal.

I honestly think this is on par with the classics.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Playing Jak 2 for the 10th time or so. Finally 100%ed The Precursor Legacy for the first time ever yesterday. I love this series so much.

Makes me sad to see what's become of Naughty Dog. Uncharted is good, sure, but Crash and Jak were leagues better.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Unfortunately, games like Uncharted is what makes them more money, so that's probably the type of games that they'll stick with from now on, even if they are done with the Uncharted series itself.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So I finally got around to beating RE4! Unfortunately after the end credits the game pulled that freezing black screen crap on me again, so I had to restart my system and I couldn't access new game + or the Separate Ways chapters that are unlocked after you beat the game. Weak.

The game was awesome, though. Its definitely a top 10 on my list for sure, now. One of the few games that I feel is every bit worthy of its hype, and its probably now my 2nd or 3rd favorite game from last-gen, right behind Ninja Gaiden Black and along-side Max Payne, F.E.A.R., and The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker.