What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Well, I got the good ending for Emi in Katawa Shoujo. Almost burst into tears near the end of the story for how Emi was treating Hisao as she didn't want to lose him like her father and why she pushes people away from her. She doesn't want to go through the loss of losing someone in life again. Still think that the anal sex scene with Emi and Hisao was funny if only for the hilarity that followed after. I like the game enough that I'm going after the other 4. Which ones, I don't know right now I'm deciding between Lilly, Hanako, or Shizune. I'm doing Rin last

In the mean time I'm picking up where I last left off in Emerald. I only had 3 badges last I played off and now I have 6. Currently training my team of Slaking, Manetric, Breloom, Torkoal, and Swampert for the twins. Considering they got a considerable bump in Emerald compared to Ruby/Sapphire.

gunswordfist

I attempted to beat Streets Of Rage remake again. I finally went to all 4 of the start paths with the one with the knife picture being the last one I've been too. I was doing good until that stupid train level. I was hoping they'd leave that shit out of this game. Also, that damn jet ski stage drained my lives so I couldn't even make it all the way up to R. Bear or whatshisname, I just saw him and then was killed beofre I could get a turkey and reach him.

Anyway, I officially like SORR5 Adam more than Axel, even though some of his animations are kind of clunky.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Foggle on January 23, 2012, 08:13:38 AM
Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on January 23, 2012, 03:00:42 AM
I wanna make a mini game where you're Bateman and you attempt to get doubles, but I'm too lazy to even do that.
Oh god. With KoG and Cirno boss battles?

Hah, I wish. Kinda hard to put all that into a 5 second mini game. Maybe they could be the 2 variations of it?

Also, bought KoF today and beat arcade mode with the Psycho Soldier team. I also realized Sakai and Dark Ash are probably the easiest KoF bosses of all time. A little disappointing, but also saves me a great deal of frustration.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I made it up to the final boss of RKA before getting the Game Over screen again. I think that it my next time going through the game, I'll be able to complete it with plenty of lives to spare since I can already get through most of everything else fine enough and the final boss will probably be easy enough once I have enough time to learn his attack patterns and get down the proper method to attack him.

That said, rather than play through everything from scratch right away, I may go on ahead and start Sparkster (SNES) sometime soon, since I hear that's the 2nd best game in the series, with RKA2 and RK (the reboot game) being decent games in their own right but nothing too spectacular.

Spark Of Spirit

Rocket Knight Adventures
Sparkster (SNES)
Rocket Knight
Sparkster (Genesis)

That's how I'd rank them. Definitely don't play the Genesis Sparkster right away as you'll probably be instantly put off by how downgraded everything in the game is instead of being able to enjoy a flawed but fun game. The SNES game benefits by using the shoulder buttons which has the great spin move.

I'm not sure what team they got to make Genesis Sparkster (or "Rocket Knight Adventure 2"), but it clearly wasn't the A-Team they got behind the original. It's definitely a disappointing sequel, but it's still a fun game with its own quirks.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

That subway level was one of the only urban setting Streets Of Rage was missing. I got farther than ever on Remake I just got to make sure I can avoid that god damn railroad level and the jet ski one. Those just suck away lives/continues from me.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

If anybody here has a 3DS and loves platformers, you need to check out Mutant Mudds.

I guarantee you'll love it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

I've been curious to play Sparkster for quite sometime. Unfortunately, not only is it not on the Virtual Console, I don't have an SNES anymore (and it stopped working anyway), so I'm kinda outta luck on that.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Does anyone know how Rocket Knight Adventures sold on the Virtual Console? I'm guessing that it didn't sell too well since if it did then Konami probably already would have put up either the SNES or Genesis Sparkster to make some more money off of the series. Its a real shame, because IMO this series probably deserved to get as much attention as Mario and Sonic did back in the day, or even slightly less popular (but still really well-known) platformers like Donkey Kong Country and Mega Man.

Spark Of Spirit

They never released it on the Virtual Console.

They also never released Contra, Castlevania Bloodlines, Contra Hard Corps, TMNT II and III and IV, or anything they did on the Genesis. Konami missed out big on the Virtual Console.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Strange, I thought I heard that they released it on the VC a couple of years ago. I guess I must have confused that with something else.

Well, that's pretty lame. I'm sure that if they released RKA on the VC, XBLA, and PSN, it would sell decently enough among old-school platforming fans. Besides, even if they didn't spend any money promoting it, I'm sure that it couldn't possibly cost them that much just to port the game to those consoles. I guess that when it comes to Konami, though, unless its a game with Metal Gear Solid attached to its title somewhere, it won't get a remake. That just blows.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, after deleting and redownloading RE4 (AGAIN!), I was finally able to get past the end credits without the game freezing on me and start up a NG+ run, and that's going fine. However as for the Separate Ways chapters, I tried starting up a new file in that and guess what? The game fucking freezes on me again before I can even start the first chapter. WTF? Its like no matter how many times I delete and redownload this game, my particular XBOX360 console is hellbent on not letting me actually play the parts of the game that I haven't gotten to yet. That's just really fucking annoying.

Foggle

That's really awful. :( Best of luck on getting it working.

Separate Ways is quite good, btw. It does recycle content from the main game a bit too often, but the new stuff is excellent (I love the grappling hook!). It's been awhile since I played it, but I remember Ada's one-liners being just as stupid and hilarious as Leon's, so obviously that adds to its greatness.

Hopefully Leon doesn't act all serious business (as in Degeneration) in RE 6, but, unfortunately, I think he probably will.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, if he does act all serious in RE6, hopefully Capcom has hired some actual good script writers to work on the dialogue in this game, otherwise it'll just be impossible to take it seriously, but if its not intentionally written to be tounge-in-cheek then it could just turn into a mess and not even be funny at all. But, something tells me that they will try to take it seriously and it will yet again be one of those cases in which you'll see some laughably bad writing and dialogue that just happens to work out to be idiotically hilarious rather than just plane idiotic. Let's hope for the best in that regard. :sly:

Foggle

RE 5 was pretty serious, but it still had some hilariously bad lines, such as:

Jill: Chris, if you don't stop Wesker, millions of people will die!
Chris: Well, yeah, but...

Wesker: Seven minutes. Seven minutes is all I can spare to play with you.

Wesker: Uroboros will be released into the atmosphere, ensuring COMPLETE. GLOBAL. SATURATION.

Irving: I just had an extreme makeover!

And who could forget Sheva's usage of "our brothers" or "our fallen brothers" in every sentence?

And of course there's also the epic boss fight against a giant boulder inside a volcano.