What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Man, imagine being a part of that crowd that thought the BK games were better than Mario 64.

Galaxy comes out and blows everyone away, and then Rare announces a new BK game not long after. I can only imagine the hype, especially with that trailer.

...... Yeah, okay. I think the rage directed at the game is perfectly understandable.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on January 29, 2011, 12:11:58 AM
Man, imagine being a part of that crowd that thought the BK games were better than Mario 64.
Guilty as charged. :whuh:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

...... Yeah, okay. I think the rage directed at the game is perfectly understandable.

So its a bad game because its not Super Mario Galaxy?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 29, 2011, 12:17:33 AM

So its a bad game because its not Super Mario Galaxy?
That's not what I said. I didn't even say it was a bad game.

It would be like waiting 10 years for Ninja Gaiden 2 after Black, and instead getting a game about Ryu managing a sports team. Sure it may be awesome, but it will never escape the fact that it's not Ninja Gaiden 2. That's all I'm saying.

On another note, I've been playing a lot of L4D recently. It seems to be the one shooter I can come back to infinitely. It might be the way levels are structured so straightforwardly like classic games (I like classic stage style progression), but it's just so easy to jump into and have fun. The co-op is great, too.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Desensitized on January 29, 2011, 01:01:50 AM
It would be like waiting 10 years for Ninja Gaiden 2 after Black, and instead getting a game about Ryu managing a sports team. Sure it may be awesome, but it will never escape the fact that it's not Ninja Gaiden 2. That's all I'm saying.

Hmmmm....Well that depends on what kind of sports game it would be. If it was like, Ninja Gaiden baseball or some shit like that it would be fucking retarded, but if it were like like Ninja Gaiden hockey or football (American) where instead of ramming or tackling people you beat the shit out of them or sliced them up with weapons and stuff, then that'd be the best fucking game ever. I shit you not. :joy:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 29, 2011, 01:16:01 AM

Hmmmm....Well that depends on what kind of sports game it would be. If it was like, Ninja Gaiden baseball or some shit like that it would be fucking retarded, but if it were like like Ninja Gaiden hockey or football (American) where instead of ramming or tackling people you beat the shit out of them or sliced them up with weapons and stuff, then that'd be the best fucking game ever. I shit you not. :joy:
He should be managing the Mutant League.

That would blow minds.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, fuck, why stop at Ninja Gaiden? Why not include an entire roster of teams featuring characters from God Hand, No More Heroes, Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, MadWorld, and Shinobi, while we're at it?

I swear to god, if the next Madden or Blitz game did that, then their sales would, like....fucking shoot through the roof from that alone. :shakeshakeshake:

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Been playing Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story after putting it on hiatus to save something to play during college. It was a glorious decision, because I just can't put this game down, and its been eating my DS' battery alive while I'm not in class. I literally don't get home until 5 or so now because I just sit in the student lounge and play the fuck out of this. Sure I look ridiculous tapping buttons like crazy, slashing the stylus back and fourth and blowing into the mic, but I'm having fun dammit.

Which also ties into the games combat system. It's a great mix of the previous two games, but the battles definitely seem longer and tougher now. In the old games, it took a long time to lose your whole HP, but here, you make one wrong move or forget to defend, and you're as good as dead. It's a great way to keep you alert, but int he boss battles where they have ridiculous health and recover health just like you, it can really exhaust you. The second battle with Midbus thankfully gives you opportunities to heal while attacking, but that doesn't stop his attacks from being a huge pain in the ass.

Can't wait until Black and White comes out. I also wish I had my PS3 to play Marvel vs Capcom 3 in two weeks, but I guess I'll just wait until the lounge puts it out to rent, because its easily the most obvious choice for what they'll have available next. I do expect tons of casuals to beat me to the punch though.

Foggle

On another note, I've been playing a lot of L4D recently. It seems to be the one shooter I can come back to infinitely. It might be the way levels are structured so straightforwardly like classic games (I like classic stage style progression), but it's just so easy to jump into and have fun. The co-op is great, too.
L4D is great! The second one was kind of lackluster, though, IMO.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My opinion is the opposite. I felt the first game was kind of dull and boring, honestly. The 2nd game had enough to keep me having fun all of the time, though, whereas the 1st game just got really repetitive really fast (granted that, both games are repetitive and follow the same exact formula, but I felt the 2nd game at least had some more variety to it). I also find the "funny" dialogue to be more plentiful in the 2nd game, with the characters in general being a bit more interesting to listen to (although Bill from the first game was just plain awesome).

Still, I have to admit, while the game is extremely fun on co-op, its shallow gameplay does wear thin for me after a little while, personally.

Spark Of Spirit

They feel like two different experiences for me. The first feels more like a horror style shooter, and the second more like a survival game. I switch back and forth between them a lot. Mostly because I like playing as Nick and Louis.

It's a pretty simple and straightforward game, and I think that's why it's one of my favorites. Both of them, anyway.

gunswordfist

On Sunday, I restarted Phantasy IV on my copy of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. I played the game for the first time about 5 years ago. I actually thought it was the first PS and feel stupid for thinking so. Anyway, the game is easily my favorite turn based RPG. It has more personality than any other RPG I've ever played and I love how the cutscenes are comic book sty)le. I just got past the part I left off on years ago and am trying to finish some dog side mission.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Played 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors over the last two days and I've been having a blast. I ran into vague spoilers before getting the game, but it didn't really affect my play through of the game so far. At least until I saw a /v/ thread that had a Clover GIF that implied something I've suspected all along. Now I'm not sure to feel disappointed or mad.

The game plain creeps me out though. Everyone in this game is a weirdo, even the main character seems like he's on the edge. It also doesn't help that I've had a phobia of abandoned ships since I was a kid, so the setting is really...unsettling (YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH).

skyesweetcherry

"Dance Central" for xbox 360 & kinect, and I have played call of duty when I went to a friend's house...

March 5th - Sterling Knight's Birthday :D

Pharass

Latley, I've mostly been focusing on Last Window for the DS, which is quickly shaping up to be one of the best adventure games I've played: Graphics, sound, gameplay, characters and plot, all the elements that make a game worth playing are absolutely top-notch. By the way, it's a shame that I haven't been able to get ahold of Hotel Dusk yet.

I also need to catch up on Planescape Torment. I'd almost got to Ravel when my computer got infected by some shit and I was forced to have it re-formatted, something that, of course, led to my save-files disappearing. "But, Pharass" you ask, "why didn't you have a backup of the files on your USB?" Because, I'm a nincompoop that's why, but never let it be said that I don't learn from my past oversights.

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.