What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I still wish I knew what Monolith was up to now.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on June 21, 2011, 05:30:26 PM
Batman: Gotham City Impostors.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 21, 2011, 06:02:12 PM
Ugh, FPS multiplayer for Arkham City, right?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 21, 2011, 06:05:10 PM
It's an XBLA/PSN?/Steam? multiplayer game. Not connected with Arkham City as far as I know. And I can't say I'm excited for it at all.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 21, 2011, 06:10:19 PM
It's an XBLA/PSN?/Steam? multiplayer game. Not connected with Arkham City as far as I know. And I can't say I'm excited for it at all.
Oh, GI had it on the sidebar of their Arkham City story so I thought they were connected.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 21, 2011, 06:10:19 PM
:/

They could be doing so many things and WB reduced them to downloadable spin off game. Some things about this gen just piss me off.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Glad to know that F.3.A.R. lives up to the series's quality and well-deserved reputation. When it comes down in price, I'll definitely get it.

I hear that the campaign mode is fairly short but is loaded with replay value since you can go through the game again as Paxton Fettel who plays very differently from Point Man (plus there is the game's hard mode, I'm sure, so that adds in yet more replay value if the game is already challenging as it is).

I'm also curious as to how the random enemy spawns work in the game? I know that the human enemies are always in found in the same place at the beginning of an encounter, but Day 1 Studios kept saying that the supernatural creatures would spawn in random places each time so you couldn't always just predict where they would appear from? Is that true in the final version of the game, or is the feature very underutilized?

Anyways, the game has been getting fairly good reviews so far, so maybe the critics aren't as CoD obsessed as I had guessed based on their DNF reviews, but either way fan reception to the game seems to be generally positive so far, so I think that's all that really matters when it comes down to it. I'm most glad to hear that the AI are more aggressive than ever. To me F.E.A.R. is to FPS games what Ninja Gaiden is to hack n' slash/action games in terms of its design philosophy when it comes to the enemies (which probably explains why I like it so much).

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 21, 2011, 08:38:59 PM
but Day 1 Studios kept saying that the supernatural creatures would spawn in random places each time so you couldn't always just predict where they would appear from? Is that true in the final version of the game, or is the feature very underutilized?
I'll have to play the game again to tell you that. I usually only died to human enemies. ;)

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 21, 2011, 08:59:48 PM
but Day 1 Studios kept saying that the supernatural creatures would spawn in random places each time so you couldn't always just predict where they would appear from? Is that true in the final version of the game, or is the feature very underutilized?
I'll have to play the game again to tell you that. I usually only died to human enemies. ;)
No bear related deaths?

... Fuck you, Condemned 2.

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on June 21, 2011, 09:01:41 PM
No bear related deaths?

That was the best part of the game. :happytime:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 21, 2011, 09:04:55 PM
Quote from: Desensitized on June 21, 2011, 09:01:41 PM
No bear related deaths?

That was the best part of the game. :happytime:
Which is precisely my point. :P

That game just... I dunno, didn't live up to the first one at all. Still, I wish they were making something of their own again.

gunswordfist

So, I got sick of Crackdown. I am about to start Bulletstorm.

gunswordfist

After midnight, I started playing Bulletstorm. I actually knew absolutely nothing about the game except for the fact that everyone says it's crazy. It's crazy

Foggle

Shadows of the Damned is everything I wanted and more. Let me list all the things I love about it so far:
An entire level devoted to Evil Dead references.
Steve Blum's Spanish accent.
Johnson. Just Johnson.
It's basically Resident Evil 4 combined with No More Heroes.
The music is awesome.
The load screens are great.
The boss battles kick ass.
Some of the chase scenes are actually kind of scary.
All the voice acting in general is just sublime.
The Legend of Stinky Crow is the funniest thing I have ever seen in a video game. I laughed so hard... you have to see this for yourself.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 22, 2011, 04:41:21 PM
Shadows of the Damned is everything I wanted and more. Let me list all the things I love about it so far:
An entire level devoted to Evil Dead references.
Steve Blum's Spanish accent.
Johnson. Just Johnson.
It's basically Resident Evil 4 combined with No More Heroes.
The music is awesome.
The load screens are great.
The boss battles kick ass.
Some of the chase scenes are actually kind of scary.
All the voice acting in general is just sublime.
The Legend of Stinky Crow is the funniest thing I have ever seen in a video game. I laughed so hard... you have to see this for yourself.
Man, all of a sudden the great games are coming out. I really wanna play this one.