What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Lost World? That's probably my favorite arcade game ever. So damn fun.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Dude! Point Blank! My friend had it on the PlayStation... loved that shit. :joy:

The Jurassic Park game was the first light gun shooter I ever played. It was awesome.

I think everyone's played at least one Time Crisis game at some point in time. 2 was by far my favorite.

I wish someone would port the first House of the Dead to the Wii (bundle it with 4, maybe?), as well. I've played the PC version, but it doesn't work on anything newer than Windows XP and it's just not the same using the mouse.

Every single arcade I've ever been to since I was a little kid has had a game named Area 51: Site 4. But what about the first three sites? Never seen one of those.

Six Flags used to have CarnEvil (maybe they still do, haven't been in awhile), which I remember being pretty awesome.

There's also Revolution X, the Aerosmith light gun shooter, which I am unfortunate enough to have actually played... lol at that game.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I went to my Six Flags in New Jersey a couple of weeks ago (The Green Lantern coaster was pretty fun; at least moreso than the movie was, I'm sure). I checked out the arcade area and they didn't have it there (or at least I didn't notice it). :(

Foggle

Oh shit, you have a Green Lantern coaster? Badass. In Texas all we have is one for Superman (there used to be a Batman ride, but that location closed down), and the lines are always 2 hours+. There was also the fucking awesome Joker's Revenge ride, where the line snaked through a funhouse and the roller coaster went backwards... but that got shut down because it was dangerous as hell. A bunch of people died on it, I think.

Avaitor

You know, as much as I like Disney and Universal, I'd trade them all for a Six Flags any day. I honestly really enjoyed it when I went to the one in Georgia.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Ah, we never had a Joker's Revenge ride, or at least I don't even know if my Six Flags ever had a Joker's Revenge ride, but I don't ever recall it being there and I usually go there once a year, so I'm guessing that they only tried it out in one or a couple of the parks and then shut it down quickly before spreading it to other parks once they saw how dangerous it was. We do have Superman the ride plus we have 3 Batman rides: one coaster for Batman in general, one inspired by Batman and Robin (which ironically is the best one even if it spawned from a godawful movie), and then we have the disappointing Dark Knight coaster which plays things so safe that its downright boring (half the rid is you just taking sharp turns around....signs and stuff....yeah, its pretty lame).

We also have Kinda Ka but strangely enough I've never been on it yet.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on July 10, 2011, 12:39:40 PM
You know, as much as I like Disney and Universal, I'd trade them all for a Six Flags any day. I honestly really enjoyed it when I went to the one in Georgia.

Funny because I almost feel the opposite. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Six Flags, but since I got there every year its nothing new to me, anymore. I used to go to Universal Studios and Disney World quite a bit back when I lived in Florida as a kid, but its been ages since I've been to either of them. I'd love the chance to go back to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Disney Land, and even Sea World for that matter, someday.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 10, 2011, 12:41:32 PM
Ah, we never had a Joker's Revenge ride, or at least I don't even know if my Six Flags ever had a Joker's Revenge ride, but I don't ever recall it being there and I usually go there once a year, so I'm guessing that they only tried it out in one or a couple of the parks and then shut it down quickly before spreading it to other parks once they saw how dangerous it was.
What's strange is that I'm almost positive it was there for at least 8 years before they shut it down. I used to go once a year, but the last time I went (I was 15 at the time), it was gone. I asked my friend about it, and he said something to the extent of "dude, did you ever ride it? that thing was dangerous! there was a news report about some people dying on it last year."

There's a log ride based on the Bugs Bunny cartoon with the singing sword. There are some TVs in the line and they play that short on loop all day long. It's a great one, but I must say that it gets old fast. :lol: The ride itself is pretty good. Not extremely exciting, but fun enough I suppose.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 10, 2011, 12:45:17 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on July 10, 2011, 12:39:40 PM

Funny because I almost feel the opposite. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Six Flags, but since I got there every year its nothing new to me, anymore. I used to go to Universal Studios and Disney World quite a bit back when I lived in Florida as a kid, but its been ages since I've been to either of them. I'd love the chance to go back to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Disney Land, and even Sea World for that matter, someday.
Totally agree. I've been to Disney Land once (the one in California), but that's it. In Texas, there are two Six Flags (used to be three), Sea World (which is fairly boring IMO), and Schlitterbahn (which is by far my favorite, since I prefer water parks in general and it's the cheapest of 'em all). There are a few other third string parks, but they're only really fun if you're 10 or younger.

gunswordfist

CarnEvil is fun. Also, Space Mountain>all.

On Bayonetta, yesterday was the first day of playing (I've been playing it everyday since my birthday) that I didn't advance to another part. On Chapter X I just couldn't get past a group of 3 enemies. Then today I was in a good mood for no reason and blew right past it. I eventually beat the entire chapter and now I am at the chapter screen for XI.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

Decided to start up Zelda: Spirit Tracks again. For, like, the 800th time.  :wth:

This game is kiiiiilllllllllling me. I swear, I don't think I've ever been this disinterested in a Zelda title in my life. It didn't even take me this long to beat Phantom Hourglass, and I thought that one was even more boring than this. Doesn't make sense.

Let's face it; I'm looking at my new Mario Sunshine here. Or DK64. Or *insert title of other old game that I've never beaten*. Sucks, really.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Kiddington on July 11, 2011, 02:50:34 AM
Decided to start up Zelda: Spirit Tracks again. For, like, the 800th time.  :wth:

This game is kiiiiilllllllllling me. I swear, I don't think I've ever been this disinterested in a Zelda title in my life. It didn't even take me this long to beat Phantom Hourglass, and I thought that one was even more boring than this. Doesn't make sense.

Let's face it; I'm looking at my new Mario Sunshine here. Or DK64. Or *insert title of other old game that I've never beaten*. Sucks, really.
I'm still disappointed at what Nintendo did to Zelda on the DS. I wanted a Link's Awakening, Oracles, or a Minish Cap. What we got wasn't what I wanted at all.

I hope we get a proper one for the 3DS.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

All I've seen from the DS Zeldas are a bunch of Wind Waker clones.

Is that basically it for them?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on July 12, 2011, 04:46:53 PM
All I've seen from the DS Zeldas are a bunch of Wind Waker clones.

Is that basically it for them?
Eh, they don't really use anything from Wind Waker other than the art style. The problem is the entire game is touch screen only and they pretty much only use touch screen style gimmicks and puzzles that are quite boring compared to classic Zelda stuff. Also, in Phantom Hourglass you have to revisit the same dungeon pointlessly over and over.

I wish they were Wink Waker clones.

Avaitor

Yeah, that'd probably be better. Those just sound dull.

New blog!