Microsoft issues

Started by Mustang, May 05, 2023, 09:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

I'm assuming everyone is already aware of Phil Spencer's sit-down interview with Kinda Funny's X-cast (I'll link it just to be on the safe side) Is he the first person in his position to do what he did; Sit there and be "direct" and take all the blame on himself even though we all know everyone there fucked up.

So what's actually going on at Microsoft? Starfield got delayed. Activision/Blizzard deal got blocked. Redfall is dog-shit. Halo suddenly having going to shit (empty promises or something? Not sure what's going on here). They brought all these studios and nothing to show for it. Hi-Fi Rush was the only breakthrough and there haven't been anything since.

I'm split. I sympathize with Phil (if I'm him, heads will be rolling), because you're trying to be as loose and lax as possible to make everyone feel comfortable, but at the same time you should've been on top of everything Day 1 once you acquired said studios. Dev's should've been able to give you ETA's as soon as you step through the door (and people wanna bitch about Crunch).

At the end of the day though, Phil is burying his company, and for that I give him props. He also comes out and says they cannot win the console war. I've been over this console war ages ago. I haven't given a shit about console wars since my early 20s (I'm for the games and nothing else) But I do think they can compete, and it starts with the Hi-Fi Rush's. Get uncomfortable for a few years and step away from the First Person games. How come Sucker Punch can make a game based on Ninja's and Samurai's but Microsoft can't? I was never a fan but there's a lot of anticipation behind Fable, and for good reason. Why haven't Microsoft made an attempt at anything other than relying on Halo, Gears and Forza? Take a chance and leap. Too hung up on American ideals. Hell, take from Zelda and make it your own. Everyone takes from someone anyway. Might as well get yours. And even if you can't "win" the console race, don't worry about the race. Just start restoring the faith.

Thoughts?

Street Fighter 6 - Ken, Cammy
Tekken 8 - Hwoarang, Lee, Kazuya

Dr. Insomniac

All I know is Microsoft trying to push people to get Windows 11 even though it's slower, glitchier, and more ad-ridden than 10 on my end is bullshit. Just sounds like a multi-pronged act of failure from them if they're bad at games as well as PCs now.

Mustang

Ohhhh, I didn't even know they were trying to force windows 11 on everyone. Sure, my laptop acts up every now and then, but Windows 10 itself, for me, is doing fine. I did get the notice to upgrade. But, nah, I'll do that on my own time.
Street Fighter 6 - Ken, Cammy
Tekken 8 - Hwoarang, Lee, Kazuya