Sitcoms

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 07, 2011, 08:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I was at a McDonalds for lunch a couple days ago and their TV was showing a preview of a show called Dad's with Kids.

All I could think about was how silly and unrealistic that concept is. Divorced dad's don't get custody of their kids :P.

But seriously, I think this concept was already done before wasn't it? This looks pretty bad since all the jokes are about how the men are still stuck in their college bachelor style life and they have about as much common  sense as a bag of rocks.

Spark Of Spirit

I can already imagine what it looks like now.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Dalek

So who's watching Red Dwarf X or does that not count?

Commode

They show Roseanne on CMT now.  I didn't really know this was a good fit for the channel, but then again the only show I've ever watched on it was reruns of Dukes of Hazzard.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I think the only time I've ever used that channel was watching an airing of Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Oh, and my ex's mom had it on at all times whenever I went to her house. Eh.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Goldstar

Lately, Cartoon Network has been airing promos for this new sitcom on Nick at Nite titled See Dad Run. It's stars Scott Baio as a stay-at-home dad and the clips that are shown are so dull and generic and mediocre at best but each "heard it before" line is followed by a burst of guffaws from the obviously fake studio audience. Why do sitcoms even still have laugh track anymore? Apart from this and reality TV, it's no wonder why more and more people are turning to the internet for entertainment nowadays.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Avaitor

Oh, I forgot to mention that shortly after finishing season 1 of Mary Tyler Moore, I found season 2 used at FYE for $10. It came in a slim pack setting instead of the more portable case that the show was later rereleased in, but since the other sets are usually $25 or more elsewhere, I can handle the extra space this set takes.

Althoughhh, Best Buy now has the third and fourth seasons down to $10 as well, and I just got the third. I'm going to be into even more money in a short period of time, so I'll definitely go back to get the next set, along with some of the other sitcoms they're selling for that price now- Bob Newhart, M*A*S*H and Taxi, to name a few.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

http://www.nme.com/news/nirvana/66780

lol.  Well, it can't be any worse than the song, I guess.

Avaitor

QuoteBig Bang Theory writer working on show named after Nirvana song

Sure it can.

New blog!

Kiddington

CBS is everything that is wrong with network television.

...and yet, the mass populous continues to eat up practically everything they throw at us (and no doubt they will with this too, at least to start; they're going to market the shit out of the fact that it's coming from a former BBT writer). Shame.

Commode

I just think it's funny because you know people are gonna have a conniption over this.  OMG, how dare they name this shitty show after the song of our generation!  Dear Kurty would never approve of this!

Although it is strange that Courtney Love would allow this(idk, maybe she needs money for blow), or even Novoselic and Grohl.

Avaitor

Courtney Love has no problem whoring her late husband's music out. She let Moulin Rouge! have Teen Spirit for free, in hopes that she would get the lead role.

She only got a cameo, but Fox got to use the song without paying regardless.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

And that's why the more off fans believe that little conspiracy theory.

Commode

QuoteIf I was Kurt Cobain I'd be pissed right now.
QuoteThe butchering of Nirvana's legacy lives on
See, told ya.  Legacy, ha.

Kiddington

Well, it is an absolutely stupid idea for a show. But of course that's not the real issue here, sooooo...  :humhumhum: